Dvd Theme Cache

gsguru

I searched the posts as well as the caches and couldn't find any answers. I want to do a DVD swap cache and would like to know if anyone knows a similar cache that I could get some input from. Also, what are your thoughts on making it a Member Only cache. Good or bad idea?

As always, thanks for your input.

I have a cache just like that ready to go. The problem is that we have a CM (Cache Maggot) in our area who delights in plundering all our caches. He evens has pruchased a membership in order to get those also. As a result it sits in my basement waiting for better times.

I had planned on making this a required trade cache. DVD for DVD and no pirated ones. This would mean that I would have to keep a close eye on it though.

Here is a DVD cache in NC that I found over the weekend...

DVD Exchange

There were a lot of children's movies in the cache, which is good, since a lot of the area cachers take their kids along while caching. All of the movies except one was original, and it is not a member's only cache. If I remember correctly, there were 7 or 8 movies left.

Great idea, I've been to a game trade cache, where there were some pc and console games, but I'd suggest leaving room for other swag too. Make a note to leave a DVD to take one, but I'd be suprised If they stayed long.

On a side note, somewhat related, now we have to deal with McDVDs too :blink:

McDVDs

This is a CD Cache in my area I Hopefuly will get to weekend it plainly says leave a CD if you take one (nothing burnt or home made) I do have one to trade

(a new one) like I got some dinosaur stuff for a dinosaur cache (the owner put dinosaur stuff in it (its hiddin around some dino tracks thats a little farther away I figured if thats what was in there thats what I would leave :-)

boy I hope this link works first time trying it LOL

Jen

HCC CD CACHE

This is a CD Cache in my area I Hopefuly will get to weekend it plainly says leave a CD if you take one (nothing burnt or home made) I do have one to trade

(a new one) like I got some dinosaur stuff for a dinosaur cache (the owner put dinosaur stuff in it (its hiddin around some dino tracks thats a little farther away I figured if thats what was in there thats what I would leave :-)

boy I hope this link works first time trying it LOL

Jen

HCC CD CACHE

Thanks Jen, from all the cache owners who've watched a nice theme cache deteroriate into McToys! Wish all cachers were as considerate (or just didn't trade if they couldn't keep the theme or at least trade even).

Back on topic - I'd make it a members only cache to start. See what happens. You can always change it later.

Usually do DVD's as FTF not a cache itself, it would be pretty expensive...do a members only

One can get DVDs for any price. Sure, there's the $20 new releases, but there's also the $5.88 bin at Wal-Mart, where I have found some pretty decent movies. Wally World and the Most Dollar stores also have some old tv show DVDs for $1, including some "3 Stooges", which I would trade for any day (as long as they were the ones with Curly, not Shemp or Curly Joe)!