Illegal Activity

Has anyone come across any illegal crops(marijuana) while caching? Here where I live there is a place that would be great for caching BUT it is know to everybody and the local cops for being a growers paradice. It is a large, uninhabited tract of land with 4 wheeling roads going everywhere. Be careful in areas like this because of Boobytraps: fish hooks hanging at eye level, snakes,holes with pungy sticks,etc... Always be aware of your surroundings. I try to stay away from places like this and only do ones in close proximity of populated areas.

Has anyone else experienced places like this?

Dont list names or Locations Please!

Just the story.

I work for a Sheriff's Department. For the most part weed growers don't do that, usually just on indoor grows. Meth cooks usually are the booby trappers, a very paranoid group. Meth can be cooked in all kinds of containers just about anywhere. Something else to stay away from is garbage dumps that you may come across. Usually when cooks finish making meth they dump the leftovers wherever, which includes such fun stuff like hydrochloric and muratic acids, acetone, anhydrous, and lots of other badstuffs. DO NOT TOUCH ANY SUSPCIOUS THINGS YOU FIND!!! The best thing to do is err on the side of caution. Disturbing containers can cause chemical reactions that will mess you up!

MadDog family's crop? Just kiding. MadDog Family puts out a lot of quality hides. This one was no exception, well except being a few yards away from a hiden pot patch.

2c1114e4-141f-4dc1-8fa6-c29ac6920cb5.jpg

Fearle$$ and I (grey shirt) came across 52 plants (06-28-05) 35 yrds from a cashe. That was fun.

POTEAU DAILY NEWS AND SUN

"Two Poteau Police Officers spending their day off on Cavanal Hill found a lot more than they bargained for.

According to LeFlore County Sheriff's Deputy Terry Gouker, on Tuesday he was contacted by Poteau Officers Mark Kannady and Eric Fairless concerning some marijuana plants they had found.

Gouker said that Kannady and Fairless were on Cavanal Hill using a Global Positioning System (GPS) to search for a Geo cache site. He said that when he first received the call Fairless had told him they had found approximately 14 marijuana plants.

The deputy said a short while later he met with Kannady and Fairless at the half way point on the hill.

"Upon my arrival at their location they took me approximately 200 yards back into the wood where I then observed what appeared to by 30 or more plants," Gouker said.

According to the deputy he and the other officers began picking the plants so they could be transported to the Sheriff's Department.

All told the three confiscated 52 marijuana plants ranging from three to eight feet tall.

Gouker said that at this time there are no suspects regarding the possible owner of the plants. "

cf49fa1f-c7a9-40ef-af6a-323ecfc2c430.jpg

Edited by First1N
I work for a Sheriff's Department. For the most part weed growers don't do that, usually just on indoor grows.

I take it you've never been to Kentucky, do you know what the #1 Cash Crop is?

If you guessed Tobacco, your right if they asked LEGAL cash crop but wrong when just cash crop

The # 1 Cash Crop in Kentucky is Marijuana

Here in Eastern Kentucky for the most part, what EKYhunter said is True.

That is very sad.

Have never ran across anything like that in my travels. I bet who's ever it was is bummin!!! LOL. Bet there are a bunch of unhappy weedheads out there. :blink: How much pot would someone get off that many plants? Ironic thing is that it was two police officers than ran across them, what are the odds of that?

My dad LT32 works for (Polk County Fire Dpt) and he was told when going into brush fires to watch out. Pot growers will make a device to where it will fire a 12 ga. shotgun shell into your foot when you step on it. BEWARE!!!! :laughing:

They are called "toe poppers" :D

I've been told it is the meth heads that use them as well as fish hooks strung at head level and 2x4's with nails buried along a trail.

They are a paranoid lot :D