Me Too!

You could change your name to balboaboy.

Yeah, but it doesn't roll off the tongue very well. "balboaboy"

Knowing me, I'd end up calling him bee-bop-baloo-bop.

There are some who can't quite come to terms with my name and call me "Balboa-boy," but you're right, it just doesn't roll off the tongue. Not only that, I have absolutely nothing to do with Balboa Island, which is where the name comes from. My wife used to live there. But I don't know what I'd call myself if I were no longer Balboagirl. Maybe that's why I've never changed it.

Maybe I'll get a sock-puppet and try a few different things out. Wait a minute, did I actually say that out loud?

Edited by Balboagirl
We just changed our username a few days ago (used to be Karen&Jake). We changed the avatar at the same time so it was an extreme account makeover. But we're fairly new so I doubt anyone was confused :D

Good thinking, no-one would remember Karen&Jake. The new one is much easier :D

I was thinking the same thing! :D

Karen & Jake pretty much spells things out. Just curious, how did you come up with your new name?

On topic,, i had thought about changing my name to include my wife and great caching partner, Chicken in it (Mudfrog & Chicken). Unfortunately, the change would mess up our stats so we have kept things the way they are.

We just changed our username a few days ago (used to be Karen&Jake). We changed the avatar at the same time so it was an extreme account makeover. But we're fairly new so I doubt anyone was confused :D

:D Yeah, it is hard to read/understand if you aren't familiar with leetspeak. It translates to "leet haxorz" or "leet hackers" depending on how leet you're feeling when you say it :D But it suits us.

-Karen

Disclaimer: the above link is provided because it gives a nice breakdown of most of what is involved in leetspeak...it makes some inaccurate assumptions about who uses it and who doesn't know what it is. It originated with computer hackers.

I was thinking the same thing! :D

Karen & Jake pretty much spells things out. Just curious, how did you come up with your new name?

Well, Jake is a code monkey (always writing computer code for his job) and knows a lot about computers (both software and hardware). I've also written code myself to run some statistics programs. We also frequently use leetspeak for fun, so it made sense to include it in our username :D

-Karen

I have considered changing my name, but if I was going to do that, I should have done it a long time ago, when it became apparent that my wife was not really going to actively pursue this activity. If I change now, how will people remember me?

I know how you feel. The initials J&M are for myself and my wife, who very rarely goes caching with me. Bella of course is our dog but I am afraid people think I'm a chick.

I've thought about just changing it to JMB or maybe Throatwobbler Mangrove.

... my wife ...
Don't you get tired of people pointing and snickering at events? :D

At the NEFGA Christmas event we still went by momofkje. I went without my wife (mom). Yes there was some snickering. I'm happy I was finally able to talk my wife into changing our handle.

Prince John: How did you get the name Latrine?

Latrine:We changed it to that back in the 10th century.

PJ: You changed it to Latrine?

L: Yeah, it used to be ____house.

PJ: Change is good. Change is good.

it should be "1337 |-|4XX0|2Z" to be proper leetspeak, not MS leetspeak...

Down with MS!! Go TUX!!

Yes, I'm a geek, see teh last 4 letters in my username :D

on topic: I have never changed my username, nor do I plan to. My current username suits me just fine, and shall for quite a while :D

Happy Caching

Jeff