Downloading To Pda

jblane

Well, your already a premium member, so you might as well spend the $8 for Cachemate and set yourself up a pocket querie or two. Cachemate realy simplifies the use of a palm pilot and geocaching. It has got to be the one program I use most on my palm pilot aside from using it as an mp3 jukebox when Im in the car!

Also, if you choose not to purchase cachmate, you could set up a pocket querie in ebook format and download a free ebook reader form Freepalm.com

Hope this helps!

Just like to say I've been doing this with GSAK and Cachemate for the last month and it is great. GSAK has an export just for Cachemate. I use a Tungsten E as well.

And no I'm not affiliated with either just another user.

Edited by Recdiver

I am #3 to chime in for these 2 programs...

GSAK (Geocaching swiss army knife) is a GREAT program for your desktop and/or laptop. From it, you can send cache page descriptions (including the ints) to Cachemate, a program for your Palm on your next hotsync.

I also use a Tungeston E....I LOVE paperless caching. Take some getting used to, but you will never go back tp paper caching again.

Ed

I just did it for the first time a few minutes ago. Really easy, set up your filter to get the caches you want, then just File - Export - CacheMate PBD File. Save it. It should automatically go to your PDA when you next Hotlink.

Good Luck and Enjoy - I am.

DC

I just did it for the first time a few minutes ago. Really easy, set up your filter to get the caches you want, then just File - Export - CacheMate PBD File. Save it. It should automatically go to your PDA when you next Hotlink.

Note:

If this is someting you are going to do often you can add the Cachemate button to the tool bar. Just right mouse click on the tool bar and select "Customize Tool Buttons", then drag the CacheMate icon to your tool bar.

Now when ever you want to export to CacheMate it is only one mouse click away :o

ALRIGHT... LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BRILLIANT PERSON OUT THERE... now that i've downloaded waypoints to my gpsr, i'm ready to download cache info to my pda.  how do i go about doing this and what parts of the clues are transferrable?

I see you got the first part of your question answered, how to transfer from GSAK to Cachemate. The answer to the second part is 'GSAK transfers the whole hint over to the Palm and decodes it too. I too have a Tungsten E.

One other thing I find quite handy is when I find a a cache, on the 'L' tab, I check found box and put in the date and stuff traded. Then at the end of the day, I bring up the found catagory and under the menu items, I select 'export logs'. This sends the data entered in the 'L' tab, that I have entered all day, to the 'Memos' program on the Palm. At the next hot sync, all these line items are sent to the Palm Desktop Memos program if you have 'sync' or 'handheld over writes desktop' set for 'memos'. This makes it easy to cut/paste the data into gc.com. I know a lot of cachers use the GSAK notes to do this, but I find this pretty slick.

And speaking of forums, while in this thread, I read the comment before this one about finding caches near the one you just found, or have listed, and tried it for the first time, WOW! I am almost too embarassed to say I have been using cachemate over a year and a half and never tried that. My Garmin 60cs does the same thing but I don't have all the cache information on it. I will be using this feature from now on.

Good luck and happy automated caching.....