After all, that is the aim

I can't wait to post it

And get back to the game

I see a Walmart parking lot

In which a micro's placed

I think I'll go there next

I hope I don't get maced

Did you make that yourself? Thats awesome! :ph34r::lol:

I don't mind Micros, when they are used appropriately (according to me)! I haven't done any Urban Micros yet, but I will next month in London. :lol:

I don't actively look for micro's where I live unless they are part of a multi, because there are plenty of places to hide regular caches.

I say to each their own. If you enjoy doing them, then do them - If you don't, then don't!! :ph34r:

Dwayne

Have not done any micro's yet. Still pretty new to the sport. I have the unique opportunity to travel as a truck driver, but in the same respect that can be somewhat limiting in the type of cache that I can travel to.

Everything has it's place I'm sure. This hobby has so much diversity in the types of caches to offer so many, as I am finding out with the recent completion of my first virtual cache. I am also looking forward to trying out a webcam cache in the near future.

More on point with the subject of this thread.

What I would like to see as a novice would be better desciptions in the listing of the cache. IE if it is an Altoids can, instead of listing/ describing it as a standard cache, possibly it could/should be listed as a small cache.

I have been seriuosly considering placing a few good micros. As well as regular caches. I have ordered 6 ammo cans and am working on ideas for starting and placing those.

I enjoy a clever micro, something that makes me think instead of simply labor to find it. Example: after going round and round one whole afternoon in an area where there were a number of trees and a number of stubs (too small and tall to be called "stumps"), I gave up. After sleeping on the project, I recalled that one of the stubs had a saw cut in it...a saw cut that was visible from all four sides. Blessing an eidetic memory, I went back the next day, pivoted the top on its peg...Voila! There was a bison inside.

On the other hand, spending two hours bent over an ivy planting in a parking lot is not even remotely fun. It's nothing but a backache. A 'toss' is not inspired, and there seem to be a lot of them nowadays.

On the other hand, spending two hours bent over an ivy planting in a parking lot is not even remotely fun. It's nothing but a backache. A 'toss' is not inspired, and there seem to be a lot of them nowadays.

Especially if the ivy is poison....

I've done a series of micros in the woods. They bite. I've done tons of urban micros. They ROCK!

What folks have to remember is that geocaching is different for different folks. For some it’s about number of finds – those folks probably like easy ones, for some it’s the challenge of the hunt – 5 stars and micros, for some it’s about travel bugs, for others (myself included) it’s about the swag! – I love large, one and ones. I can count on one hand the number of log only caches I’ve found. That’s my choice, my prerogative.

I get disappointed when I travel to an area and there are a bunch of caches of a type I’m not interested in. So I guess the solution, would be to try to provide a variety of cache types in any given area.

I do agree that hiders ought to consider the appropriateness of the container type. Urban settings lend themselves to smaller caches, wilderness to larger. Does anyone know of hides that have multiple types of containers? That might be a solution.

I do agree that hiders ought to consider the appropriateness of the container type.  Urban settings lend themselves to smaller caches, wilderness to larger.  Does anyone know of hides that have multiple types of containers?  That might be a solution.

I completely agree.

And yes, I have seen multi-caches that use different types of containers. There is one cache in Las Vegas that starts as a Virtual, then has a series of 3 or 4 micros, then an ammo can with a rope to be used to get to the next micro (then you return to the ammo can and replace the rope), a couple more micros and finally another, quite large, ammo can at the end. Its an amazing cache, hence the name, The Las Vegas Amazing Cache.

Edited by VegasCacheHounds

We've only found one micro so far, and it was extremely well done. My wife (though she liked that one) prefers to find the larger ones (with swag in it). I'm not 100% sure where I stand on micros myself.

Here's what gets me. We're going on vacation in a couple of weeks, and I decided to check out the caches near where we're staying. (I know of plenty in a nearby state park, but I decided to check around the B&B we're staying at, too.) There are 15 relatively close by, 8 of which are micros, 4 are virtuals, and only 3 are larger. Of those larger ones, 1 is a level 4 (8-stage) multi-cache, one can only be found if you locate 4 of the micros, and one has a note stating it might be missing. I find that frustrating. Doesn't help matters any that we've picked up a travel bug that's a large stuffed animal that won't fit in anything smaller than an ammo can, and we'd like to find a place to drop him off.

We'll hit one or two of the Virtuals, because they sound like interesting places to visit. Then what we'll probably do (something we've done before) is have a picnic in one or two of the parks that contain a micro, and if we have time and feel like it, we'll see if we can track down the micro-cache there. I really don't care about numbers, so actually finding the micro really doesn't matter to me. We found the neat little park we wouldn't have known about had it not been for the cache there, so what's it matter if I can add a point to my total?

I would like to tell you about an experience a friend of mine shared with me, though. (He rarely, if ever, visits the forums, or else he'd post this himself.) He was hunting for a micro cache one day with his wife, and they spent 30-45 minutes hunting through a wall of rocks to track it down. They finally found one little film canister. When they opened it, there was a note that said, "You're getting warm!" They put it back and left. He hasn't hunted for a micro since.

Edited by RandLD