Dust Offs

What's the criteria for an entry to the Dust-Off list? I'm about to complete one (he says optimistically :D ) that hasn't been found since last September - but it's not on your list?

P.S. I don't think Cadair Idris is in the Brecon Beacons...

Put the GC code in this thread i check it out and will probably add it to the list.

There will be a revised list later this week as many caches on the list need to be removed and replaced so nominations of active caches unfound for over 6 months will be gratefully recieved.

I have to check each one individually.

On lundy island i have ally sloper as found first on its own by wadders so 3 points

Hens and chickens 5 teams found it at the same time (nb 3 of these are the various versions of plymplodders)

The photograpihic assignment all at once or was someone first or what.

Hen and Chickens was found by "The Hancock Clan"

The Photographic assignment was "found" by almost everyone, but as it was to find and photograph at least 3 of 7 animals, there were just a few who found all 7 animals. I was first to log though, if that makes any difference ;o)

Ally Sloper was first found by Wadders.

CHeers stuey ill make the photo one a joint dust off.

I don't know if the list can claim credit for all the dust off visits however 14 long term cache situations have been resolved one way or another (some archiving has occured) in the last month

The list has been updated to remove the visited caches shall add 14 - 20 more caches over the next few days

31 entries (visits to the caches)

1 person on 20 points

5 people on 6 points

the rest tied on 3 points.

Shall try to upload tonight.

some slight changes to the points (not retrospective for July)

Anyway, congrats to the person on 20 points for the month.

He amassed these points by: (i) visiting the cache site, and proving it was 'missing'; and (ii) visiting the location a second time, to reinstate it with new box, log and swaps at the request of the cache owner.

He deserves every single point, because the cache is 280 Km from his home (each way) - over some of the worst roads in God's creation.

Well done... :):)B)

-Wlw.

I've hoping to dust off The Pig (GCGEVX), after the sterling work by JollyJax to re-instate it. Now don't all rush to beat me... :)

That is a real PIG of a cache! I was second to find it last year (120 miles from home). It did help that my Uncle who I was staying with knew Bicester like the back of his hand (but he still discovered some new places while hunting the cache!)

He's not found a cache since though, so maybe it put him off!

Anyway, congrats to the person on 20 points for the month.

He amassed these points by: (i) visiting the cache site, and proving it was 'missing'; and (ii) visiting the location a second time, to reinstate it with new box, log and swaps at the request of the cache owner.

He deserves every single point, because the cache is 280 Km from his home (each way) - over some of the worst roads in God's creation.

Well done...  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

-Wlw.

icon_redface.gif You're embarassing me! I was in the nearby area both times, its a beautiful spot to visit and I enjoyed it so I'm not really the geocaching warrior you're making me out to be :blink:

15 points for rescuing an archived cache.

Does this mean that if there is an archived cache and I adopt and resurect the cache that I get the points, even if its not on your Dust-Off List?

yes wlw.....that's my cunning plan :)

Edited by dino-irl

If you find an archived cache box (container) at the archived cache location then you get the points you will have to let me know the GC number as much evidence as possible if you do this BTW to avoid conflicts.

(this is on the honour system)

If you go to a location where an archived cache was and hide a new container then no points.

Sorry for the delay

East midlands and london - none at present however if they keep getting found at the current rate then we should be into some 5 month caches fairly soon.

If you find an archived cache box (container) at the archived  cache location then you get the points you will have to let me know the GC number as much evidence as possible if you do this BTW to avoid conflicts.

(this is on the honour system)

If you go to a location where an archived cache was and hide a new container then no points.

Okay, fairy snuff. I misunderstood the "recue an archive cache" and "adopt a cache" ratings. Just as well I checked first eh :unsure:

Sorry for the delay

No problem. Its a busy forum here :rolleyes:

Crime

Not updating the dust off bookmark list :laughing:

Crime

Not updating scores on website :laughing:

Crime

Not updating own website :D

Solution

DO IT NOW !!!

Website is now updated.

Bookmark list has had the dusted off caches removed

I can't update the bookmark list at present as someone turned off my PQ's while i was on holiday :D

So any nominations for caches last visited in Febuary or earlier or caches with TB's last visited in March or earlier would be appreciated. :D

Makes me realise how much work Deego must put into COTM :lol:

Being a Londoner, and therefore rather short of Dust Offs in the area, I thought I would plough through the hampshire set and see what the situation is! As you all know, it’s a multi series, with one cache providing the coords of the next, and so on. All well and good, except the Seagulls Ships and Sights cache, which I eventually worked out is the first, is disabled, meaning all others are impossible. Would one of the moderators be able to contact Woodsmoke and ask them what their plans are, as we may as well archive the entire series if the first goes missing! Others are missing as well, but don’t know the order…

Apologies if this has been discussed already!

Dave

Being a Londoner, and therefore rather short of Dust Offs in the area, I thought I would plough through the hampshire set and see what the situation is! As you all know, it’s a multi series, with one cache providing the coords of the next, and so on. All well and good, except the Seagulls Ships and Sights cache, which I eventually worked out is the first, is disabled.

The reviewers are aware and have been in contact with the cache owner. They are satisfied that there are very good reasons for this current situation. I have left them on the list ready for the date they do all become available. I may revisit that decision at the end of the year.

I have added one nearby cache to the list but as you say they are very thin on the ground in that part of the country.

Well, Brian...

Bein' as ow I've 'ad a fair amount or sucess over the years, I've decided that now's the time to retire, and let some of them young, up-and-coming dusteroffers 'ave a shot at the title - kn'at I mean?

I'd just like to take this here opportunitty to thank Big Micky Wuthered, an' all them wot was in my corner when the pressure was on.

Wossat...?

Me plans for the future is in a state of somewhat fluiditty, at the present time, but I'll be takin' some time to write me autobiography: "Took nuffin', Left nuffin'..."

-The Champ

On second thoughts, it's maybe a good thing that my TB is stuck on an island somewhere, at least he won't be able to read this forum, I'm sure it would upset him if he thought people were questioning his emotional stability. <_<

Ahem, er, sorry. A bit off topic here... um, Dust-Offs, that was it. Yes, good, idea. Poor little forgotten caches, all dusty, with no one to give them a cuddle....

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

Scores on the doors for 2005

wildlifewriter 34

dino (IRL) 22

highland nick 20

Wadders 10

the runners 10

the hancock clan 10

rustneversleeps 10

Milesey boy 10

littlejim 10

kili or bust 10

gilj 10

firth of forth 10

charlie's team 10

5alley 10

daisy&me 7

So the official champ as we suspected all along is a man who's points were earned whilst having his arm in a sling :(

:rolleyes::(:( Congrats to Wildlifewriter. :):(:D

Please PM me :( .

For this year the rules change a bit

5 points for dusting off a cache and thats it

Looking at the dust-off map there seem to be two NE of Oxford - but they don't appear on the list

They are within striking range

Is the map in error or am I looking at the wrong list :)

Map error :rolleyes::(:(

ok

Guess I'm going to need some seven league boots to reach the other dust-offs as I am in central England :(