Displaying Caches On A Map

If you want to see all caches in a certain area then set up a search from <My Stats>, you may have to register with the site first.

You don't need to register in order to use the search facility -- only if you want to be able to quickly run the same search again next time you visit.

I've upped the limit of caches displayed on the interactive map, so you should now get all UK caches shown, and don't need to do a search. Works OK on my shiney new Athlon64, but people with older CPUs may still need to limit the number of caches shown by doing an "advanced" search and specifying a centre point and radius.

Alternatively, try this map, which is much faster (once you've got used to the click-heavy user interface).

<<Try this England map >>

We've mentioned this several times before... we can never get further than one click before we get just a white box with a little square containing a red cross in the top left corner. Anyone know why please?

It works for me.... Maybe it's a setting (or settings) in your browser ??

The England map works fine for me too.

On the other hand the link Teasel made above shows while for an age, then a Star shows up that 'spins' real slow.

I'm guessing that that should spin at a heck of a rate and be almost instant....?

I'm using Firefox, would that be a reason? On the Java script console I have

Error: window.event has no properties repeated

My last Java update was on 6th May 2005.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Adrian

<<I've upped the limit of caches displayed on the interactive map, so you should now get all UK caches shown>>

Doesn't show ours so presumably others must be missing too?

Members-only caches are not included in the G:UK database, so three of your caches will be missing from the interactive map for that reason. Your other two caches should be present (though you might have to squint a little to see them due to the "green-on-diarrhoea" colour scheme!)...

birders.gif

But caution... not all caches are shown.. If you have Memory Map or Autoroute you can easily download as many caches as you like and display them on those programmes.

I have Memory Map - how do I download and display automatically all the caches for an area

I have Memory Map - how do I download and display automatically all the caches for an area

I do this via GSAK.

Run and import a Pocket Query from GC.COM.

Import the generated .GPX file into GSAK.

Export the file from GSAK to Memory-map.

Resulting image in Memory-Map will look something like this:

Ridgeway

The red flags are caches (clickable links to the GC web-page in Memory-Map), and the blue dots are trigs, imported from Chris n Maria's Geocaching Homepage.

Have fun!

Jon

I do this via GSAK.

Run and import a Pocket Query from GC.COM.

Import the generated .GPX file into GSAK.

Export the file from GSAK to Memory-map.

Resulting image in Memory-Map will look something like this:

Ridgeway

The red flags are caches (clickable links to the GC web-page in Memory-Map), and the blue dots are trigs, imported from Chris n Maria's Geocaching Homepage.

Have fun!

Jon

Thanks. I use GSAK but never realised it could do this.