Generic Gc'ing Items?

I've seen that a few of you guys have stuff that relate to Geocaching that you sell, but just aren't OFFICIAL GC.com stuff.

I've seen Sissy-n-CR's site.

What are some others?

I'm considering doing a site to help support my new hobby.

I do graphic design for a couple of local sign & ad specialty companies and see a few things that they offer that could be creatively customized and resold for a resonable price.

Plus I think I might be able to offer customized decals for events and groups(associations). :laughing:

But I don't want to be stepping on anyones toes by selling something that is already out there.

Any leads?

Thanks,

D-man :)

There really isn't that much out there that folks make. We saw a need for a few items and have tried to fill it at the most reasonable price we could.

For instance, at the time, there was no TB instruction sheets so I came up with the tags. There wasn't an easy and cheap way to get Bison tubes, so we started carrying them. The stencils were a cheaper alternative to cache decals for marking your cache. I got tired of rummaging around in the bottom of my pack for the rechargable, thus Sissy made me a battery holder and those took off. I made some decals for the back of my truck and people asked about them.

I've looked into some other items, but have failed to be able to offer a better deal or more convenience than other places. My contact for ammo cans went away and they are very expensive to ship so I couldn't do much better than cheaperthandirt. Decons are already dirt cheap.

Some things people can make themselves thanks to cafepress.com.

I've been trying to talk Sissy into buying those lots of ammo cans you see on Ebay ever so often for something like $35 for 150,000 cans. We both can drive a truck so we could rent a couple of Penske trucks with 53' trailers and haul them back... She keeps giving me "that look" though. :laughing:

Anyway, in short, I saw a need and filled it.

BTW, thanks for the plug! :)

May 14th: CR pulls heavily loaded truck into driveway and says "Honey, look what I brought home!"

June 4th: After being cleared of any wrongdoing, Sissy hides "CR's Cemetery Cache." Representative Ceips is FTF. Her log mentions something about doing a "happy dance."

LOL ROLF. I really needed a good laugh, thanks. Now if I can just get the coffee off my monitor.

Uh huh, go ahead and laugh.

CR and I are going to be interred in a preserve near Easley, SC. No metal, cement, or embalming fluid allowed. Just our empty shells wrapped in a cotton sheet from the house. The preserve does have trails and allows hiking, and if CR goes first, I know I will have to try to get permission for some sort of cache.

The info can be found here

Sissy