Archived Cache

FERATU

The cache issue says:

"Cache Issues:

This cache has been archived, but is available for viewing for archival purposes.

This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing."

Hi.

I got a note a few days ago that my cache submission was archived. It is actually a misunderstanding.

The multicache is based on a train theme which I placed a series of caches at "stations" with clues to the final destination in the form of train tickets. The caches are located along an abandoned trolley car line which closed down fifty years ago. The area is now a pedestrian pathway in a local park.

In hindsight, I should have mentioned this in the reviewer note because the approver thought I had actually placed the caches in train stations. He rightfully archived the listing according to the information he had at the time.

I emailed the reviewer explaining the misunderstanding, and as instructed, included a link to the archived cache in question. That much I managed to do. I also edited the cache page to make it clear to everyone that no actual train stations are involved.

Now for the questions. Do I have to do anything else to get the cache approved? Can archived caches rise from the dead? It seems that when the cache was archived the little checkbox that says "Yes, this cache is currently active" was disabled. Do I have to check that box again so the reviewer can see it -- or is the email enough?

I'm still rather new to the online process and it seems that my submission oversights and silly mistakes are causing both myself and the reviewer a bit of grief. I'll get it right eventually. I'm just glad everyone I've dealt with at geocaching.com have been very understanding and patient with me.

Scruffster.

Hello,

You cannot unarchive a cache. Only a site admin or a volunteer reviewer can do that. You did the right thing by sending an e-mail with your explanation. Now, just give the reviewer a few days to respond. Assuming the reviewer accepts your explanation, he or she will unarchive the cache and it can then be published. Or, if there are still questions, you will be contacted again.

Hi again,

This is in regards to the cache discussed above that was archived. I emailed the reviewer, edited the cache page to make sure everyone knows that the cache is on parkland and that the train "stations" are merely part of a theme and do not exist in reality. I also made sure the page was enabled.

It's been a week and I haven't heard back from the reviewer. Should I assume that the explaination was not accepted or should I just wait it out.

Over the past week I've seen two rather large blocks of new caches come up in the area so it's not out of the realm of possibility the reviewer is really busy. If that's the case the last thing I want to do is waste the reviewer's time with unecessary emails. On the other hand, It would be nice to get some kind of feedback.

Thanks -- Scruffster.

Over the past week I've seen two rather large blocks of new caches come up in the area so it's not out of the realm of possibility the reviewer is really busy. If that's the case the last thing I want to do is waste the reviewer's time with unecessary emails. On the other hand, It would be nice to get some kind of feedback.

Thanks -- Scruffster.

I'd give it a couple more days, then send a polite follow-up e-mail asking if the previous one had been received, and if the reviewer had any further questions, or if there was another problem with the cache.