Do You Prefer Night Caching Versus Day Searches?

Yes, I do prefer night caching, especially in the summer! Much more comfortable!

We often night cache in groups, making it all the more fun.

Many are the days when we've cached all day, stopped for dinner, and were still caching when the sun came up again!

My cache bag contains 10 rechargeable AA and 15 AAA batteries, three headlamps, three hand-lamps and four FRS radios in case whoever I am with doesn't have night-caching gear!

don't get me wrong if someone designed a local night time cache to me i'll go do it. and i've grabbed a ftf at 5:00am before now!

just that if it's a normal cache with a good walk/ good views etc then i'll do it during the day. it's like i don't do 20 in a day. partly because chronic fatigue stops me but partly because at that speed you can't enjoy the scenery.

Night caching is pretty much dependant on the situation.

- Doing a night hike in the desert under a full moon. That gives a whole new perspective on the scenery.

- Wandering through the city at 2:00 am with 2 or 3 other people can be a blast, no traffic, and those wally world light post micros have a whole new meaning. Sure, yuo do need to be cautious of certain parts of certain cities. But if you pick a good place, it's a blast.

There's a few night caches in my area. The one I've done had an intentional 'creepy' factor built into it. It was a blast! There's another one I want to do, but I'm not sure if it is still around. I'll have to check.

I don't think I'd go night-caching a plain old cache, but if it is themed, I definitely would. A good night-themed cache can be fun...