2 Years W/o Ftf!

okay, i'm willing to go. however, i'll need a little help on the finances. to help this cache be found, i'll agree to accept donations to defray the cost of the airfare. i'll cover my own lodging and food. if everyone pitches in it shouldn't be too much of a burden. :rolleyes: -harry

Archer, I have to agree with the log you posted. It's definitely not going to be a 1/1 unless you live on the island... and as far as specialized equipment goes, I'm pretty sure boat / airplane would constitute as specialized equipment in this case!

It sure can't be too much fun maintaining a cache that no one visits, though. :D

If no cacher finds my GCT cache this summer it will be 2 years w/o a FTF. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...02-a6746e33785e

Right now I'm at the point that I checked it last fall while picking huge blueberries and its still there.

Geocaching is catching on around here and I'm sure it will be found this summer. I won't hide another one til GCT is found.

I've been kicking around a few places in the last couple of years...B)

If no cacher finds my GCT cache this summer it will be 2 years w/o a FTF. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...02-a6746e33785e

Right now I'm at the point that I checked it last fall while picking huge blueberries and its still there. 

Geocaching is catching on around here and I'm sure it will be found this summer.  I won't hide another one til GCT is found. 

I've been kicking around a few places in the last couple of years...:huh:

Your cache has been on my list since last Fall and RLTW and I tuned up for that cache with a FTF on Chena Dome Cache. This cache had gone unfound since August 2003 and there were a couple of TBs that had been up there that long. Sixteen miles and 5000' of climbing sure fit with the slogan on the upcoming Alaska geocoin: "Exploring Alaska One Cache At A Time."

Last time I was in your area, there was still a lot of snow above the avalanche chutes and the river flats were still covered with slushy, sloppy snow. The Gold Creek area still has a lot of snow, too, from what I could see when we flew over it. Don't have a boat down there, so have to wait for safer/better conditions. Will come prepared for an attempt on Gold Creek Treasure next time I have an overnight trip in your area.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

Hey Daddy Mountain Goat !

Chena Dome Cache! I'm impressed! Great pics, too. Thanks for sharing. I love that.

I'm so glad you've got your eye on GCC. The earliest I've hiked that trail is Memorial Day. The city maintains it part of the way but where that avanlanche drop off is theres nothing you really can do as its wiped out every year. There are alder tree roots that make great repelling ropes. Its a fun part of the hike.

You could kayak out there if you are into that. Thats why I hid the cache a mile or so off the beach so even the boaters had to get out and walk.

We checked the trailhead today and still snow/muddy.

Here's a photo shot through a dirty airplane window just last week of Gold Creek Treasure's general location:

6dec9169-a1bc-4421-a80d-81a976ce8924.jpg

Gold Creek cascades down the set of waterfalls and the trail comes in from the right-center after traversing the three miles of the lower slopes of mountains which rise to more than 5000 feet straight out of the Port of Valdez.