Store Merchandise Ideas

LXA_KA_1287

I vote for a Buff.

Butch Lockley was on survivor a couple of years ago and being the principle of the grade school where my daughter attends, buffs were everwhere and I ended up with one. I love it. The only hitch is, it needs to be made from the same microfiber material. It's the material that allows it to be used all those different ways. It also came with a standard set of instructions that demonstrated how to tie and use the buff which was pretty cool.

A caching buff would be nice.

Scoob

Nature Conservancy is a fantastic organization! First I ever heard of it was about 15 years ago when they were collecting donations so they could buy a huge chunk of land just to keep it from being oil-drilled. I mean, what I'm trying to say is they just do what needs doing instead of whining about what needs doing.

And YES I would buy a geocaching bracelet. Brilliant. And donating proceeds to the Nature Conservancy is a perfect partnership.

How about geocaching banners or flags?

When you go to events in public places (especially in new areas) it is sometimes difficult to know who the geocaching group is -- unless they are wearing T-shirts.

A banner or flag with the geocaching logo would be great to put up.

Or perhaps one of those car flags that you see supporting your local pro teams.

I had an event where everyone met in a crowded parking lot. A lot of new cachers I had never met before were going to attend. There was no way to give them an EXACT waypoint to meet as I had no idea where we would be able to park outside of the large stadium on the event day. I sewed a homemade white flag with four blocks of color similar to the gc logo and hung on my car to help try to identify the meeting place.

Yea, that sounds like a great idea!

Also, with the buffs, maybe you could have a poll to see what people think about 'em.

I see the buffs being very popular in middle eastern countries.

5af9774b-bdb7-4a04-a559-0d888a3b8690.jpg

I would think that donating to a cause more closely associated with Geocaching/nature would make more sense.

I agree. Unless its the Sierra Club, Greenpeace or similar political orgainzations.

Is there a 501 c 3 associated with the National Park Service?

Before donating anything to a group like Green Peace, the Sierra or other so called Environmental groups it would be a good idea to check how they spend there money. the Sacrameto bee ran a 40 page 5 part article about these groups a few years back. Some of them only use 10-15% of the money they collect on the Environmental. The rest goes to so called operating cost (salerieas for their staff)

If a percentage goes anywhere after purchasing, my two cents (literally and figuratively) is to use for server upgrades, salaries, whatever, at GC.com. I'll donate to the causes I feel worthwhile, and my style would be to not advertise that I've donated to a charitable organization.