Would You Go For It?

I would.

I've done it before.

Better yet... did the 20 mile RT and DNF'd the darn thing.

I don't think people who plant cache of this sort really plan on having them hit by the masses. You're taking us to someplace special that most people don't get to see.

There is a challenge in getting there while knowing that once we do, there is something fabulous at the end. Some of us are more willing to do harder, crazier things than others to find that fabulous place.

Even if you only get ONE finder... the potential to be an excellent cache is, well... excellent.

Good luck. I hope someone enjoys your challenge and finds the beauty therein!

-=-

michelle

I may go for it, I only live about 136 miles from there. Looks like a day trip for me.

do you have a ATV or a dirt bike this area really shouldn't be traveled on foot i basically intended it for ATVs and stuff only. there really is no spectacular view or anything. there is a 60 mile trail that i thought i would point out to dirt bikers i never though people would try it on foot. you could do it on foot. it would be really hard considering the terrain but you could do it.

me and a buddy did ALL of coonhound's caches in one day. Granted it was on bikes, but it was 30 miles one way (with some mior backtracking) on the American River Trail. We got dropped at one end and picked up on the other. Even though it was a paved trail most of the time, it was tough for us. I got 25 caches that day. We are planning on doing a 7 mile hike for one next month......DO IT!!!!!

If it was in my area I would start making plans for it in a heartbeat.

Edited by CoastieGeorge

the best caches i've been to have been some really good hikes. i like the places caching takes me, longer and farther away from things the better.

if you hide it, (and you already did!) they will hunt it!

i wouldn't worry about how often or how soon it gets found either. the folks that make the effort will appreciate it.