Best Place To Buy A Garmin Gpsmap 60cs

dmazio

Most stores are selling this unit for $499.99 plus tax minus the $50 rebate. Online this unit is going between $390 to $450. If I buy this unit from a store I have the peace of mind that I can return it and get another one without too much trouble. However, online I could save about $50-$70, but if something goes wrong, there might be a problem returning this GPS. I live in Southern California and an online store has a wharehouse in Los Angeles - the online store is GPSExplorer.com. Has anyone used this store? Thanks for your suggestions. Oh by the way the after rebate price is about $345 not inlcuding sales tax.

I would go with REI. I just got mine from there on Feb 28th. It was the day before they came out with the rebate. I just went back to the store and they were way cool and allowed me to return it then buy it right back so I could get the 50$ rebate. Yea you may save a buck online but it is SO nice having peace of mind that you don't have to worry about anything if you have a problem with your 60CS.lus with REI just become a member and a percent of your purchase will be returned to you next year...then you can but some good swag to put in a cache!

all i know is that i paid $345.00 for mine and i got it on ebay a few months ago. if you really don't care about saving your money.. just get it.. my 2 cents...i suggest getting city select software.. you can autoroute on your cs with that software.. I love it. I love to navigate by road and then when i get close just recalculate in offroad mode and it works like a charm.

I bought mine on EBAY. I saved $100, but you need to watch carefully. You need to check the seller rating and how many transactions he has made. If he has a low rating or has not had many transactions than you are taking a big risk. The other thing you want to make sure of with an interenet purchase of this kind is that you get a standard receipt for warranty purposes.

I had problems with my original 60CS, but because I had the proper receipt I was able to send it into the factory and get a replacement under warranty. Even if I had purchased this from a local dealer I would have had to do the same thing.

:ph34r:

I paid $360 at Amazon for the 60CS.

I've been buying online for years and never had a problem returning an item. Some online vendors even supply prepaid maling labels to return items and many more will credit your account for the cost of return mail.

And best of all, my post office is a lot closer to home than the nearest REI or consumer electroniscs store.

Edited by briansnat

I vote for online too. I really wanted to buy mine from REI but couldn't justify paying an extra $150 just to have it a week earlier. There are some good places to buy from. I would NOT recommend gpsexplorer.com based on my personal experience with them but there are a ton of other good retailers.

I too would rather buy from a local store but they are just priced too high. I bought my first GPS 76 from GPSDiscount.com and have had no problems at all. They even sent me a free tshirt with the order. Then i bought a new GPSMAP76s off Ebay and have had good service with that as well.

As far as having to return or get service for it later, it could be a pain of but saving $100 or more is worth taking a chance on for me.

I purchased my 60cs from GPSExplorer for $329 after $100 rebate. Bought it on 4-18 and received it on 4-23. I checked with Garmin about the rebates and was told that a copy of the confirmation page was OK.

So now we wait for the return of the $100.

Unit is fantastic compared to my old Vista. I get a signal inside my house now and can't with the Vista. Woohoo. Autorouting rules and the color screen sure is perty.

The 56mb of memory allowed me to D/L all of NJ and parts of eastern PA and some of NYC. Now all I need to put on units are my waypoints and routes.

Slight problems with Metroguide ver 6, but I decided to go back to Metroguide USA ver 3 and see if this is any better.

Totally pleased with purchase.

eagleNJ1

Wal-Mart.com or Amazon.com. Typically the best prices and returns made w/o hassels. These outfits are large enough that they do not need to make as high a percentage profit on each item. You might from time to time find a better price elsewhere, if you do and it is a reliable provider...go for it. However on any given day Wal-Mart and Amazon online sites are going to give you the better deals.