Slow Web Site

Joypa

Lately, I have experienced very slow speeds on the geocaching.com web site. Sometimes I have even been rejected from a site due to a high volume of traffic. Is anyone else experiencing this and are there any plans to correct this? I have broadband so my speed is not a problem.

This was actually a major problem last year. But the Jeep sponsorship paid for some nifty upgrades to the servers.

It's just a matter of technology. All sites will slow down during their peak usage hours, some moreso then others. Generally, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings are pretty big times for the site, and our slow.

I wouldn't worry though, Jeremy's probably got some improvements waiting to be implimented... :rolleyes:

Monday after Easter means massive logging. Over 100,000 logs is another new record. And most of them are entered on Monday.

I'm working on some logging optimization so the site performs better. Unfortunately the Mondays and Sunday afternoons have become a huge peak time for logging, while the rest of the week is pretty good.

Monday after Easter means massive logging. Over 100,000 logs is another new record. And most of them are entered on Monday.

In the last 7 days, there have been 112701 new logs written by 20473 account holders.

WOW! Last time I remember looking (a few weeks ago?) the weekly rate was still in the 80,000's.

In the last 7 days, there have been 112701 new logs written by 20473 account holders.

WOW! Last time I remember looking (a few weeks ago?) the weekly rate was still in the 80,000's.

:rolleyes: And to think, there are still tons of people out there that look at you like you have a rabbit growing out of your ear when you say, I spent the weekend Geocaching.

:P:):D

D-man <_<

Perhaps a log by e-mail option?

Either create a GPX offline or...

\\GCXXXX\Found it\2005-03-28\TB 123456\TB 98765\Love this place, TFTC!\\

I can see this being totally abused. There would need to be a lot of control. And it takes the pleasure out of reading the other folks' log entries.