Millcreek Earthworks Park

chanterelleman

:( I have talked with Dave Everett about adopting this park for volunteer cleanup. I would need as many volunteers to begin with as possible. This park has a real need for volunteer help. I work at the Canyon Ridge Mall and would be able to monitor when the area needs cleaned up. You can contact me via e-mail. The city will provide bags and gloves. I am hoping to get this done before the weather really gets nice. HELP! :D

*edited out bad BBL tags*

Edited by Team Misguided
I assume you are talking about somewhere in Washington State since that is where you appear to geocache the most. I am going to move this to the regional forum for that area. You will get more response there.

I think so, mtn-man. I think they are talking about this park in Kent, WA,

70852ab1-b9f7-462b-94a1-87189cf362a4.jpg

where this cache is located.

It was a really nice park, didn't seem to need much CITO when I was there last year (unless you can trash out all the "happy" guys milling around looking for "fun"!).

I'll be glad to help - that park is about a mile from where I work. It'd probably have to be during the week, though, as I live a significant distance away and try not to make my work commute unless I actually have to work.

In the meantime, one of these days I mean to get the caches in that park - they're now within my five closest not-yet-founds from the office.

April 16th is a Saturday and is designated as International CITO day. This would be the perfect day/place for a CITO event. Generally one or two people coordinate with the parks department for date/time and supplies. You are half way there already. Then you simply post an event cache page and people will show up. Pick a good starting time in the morning and plan for a potluck lunch after the clean up. If possible you can plan to place a new cache in the park and let those who helped with the CITO be the first finders.

Let me know if you have any questions on setting up an event. I'd love to see you get this going for CITO Day!

Wow, what a phenomenal amount of trash we hauled out of there!! Countless bags of trash, 2 sofas, 16 tires, 3 shopping carts, a TV, a refrigerator, big sheets of carpet, a mattress and box springs, big car bumpers and fenders and heaven knows what else. Thank you to everyone who came and worked so hard!! You did a fantastic job!! It looks great in there now!

You'd have to see the pile of trash in person to appreciate how big it was, but here are a couple of photos. Great job, everyone!

093fd174-b2b4-41ac-a23b-adca1cd47373.jpg

832a8b6d-080c-44bd-9d10-b22486f3a0dd.jpg