An Easer Way To Log A Find

I realy enjoy caching with my kids and have been doing it for over a year. The only problem I have is when we go out of town for a weekend or so and do some caching. When we get back home it is kind of tough to find the cach page to log the find. Just an idea. But If after you loged on and went to your account page, if there was a tab to click on by the list of recent 30 day finds that said LOG RECENT FINDS or something and then a place to serch the WAYPIONTS and TRAVEL BUGS it would be much eaiser. Again just an idea. I know that there is a roundabout way of doing this but my computer is so slow that by the time I log 2 or 3 finds I am realy fusterated. other than that I love the game, I love the site, and keep up the good work. I evin pd. for a membership last Dec. to help you out evin though it didnt gain me much, cuz I enjoy it so much. (SHHHH dont tell my wife)I did sign up to reciev the pocket quaries but I dont know what to do with them, I dont have a PDA. and my computer is to slow to evin try to figure it out without getting mad. Again I say keep up the good work and CACHE ON.

Something else about GSAK. If you have it on your laptop and take it with you, you can write notes (i.e. log entries) about the cache as soon as you find it (or get back to your computer). Just double-click the notepad icon for the cache listing in your GSAK database. Then when you are back on the net and ready to log your find... pull up your notes, click the button that says "Log Find" and it zaps you directly to the Geocaching.com form to log a find for that specific cache. Copy/Paste your log you wrote earlier, hit "submit" and you're done.

...Then when you are back on the net and ready to log your find... pull up your notes, click the button that says "Log Find" and it zaps you directly to the Geocaching.com form to log a find for that specific cache.  Copy/Paste your log you wrote earlier, hit "submit" and you're done.

You actually don't even have to Copy it - when you click Log Cache on the Notes screen, it automatically copies the Log Section note to the clipboard. All you have to do is paste it into the box, choose Found It in the dropdown, and submit.

Now I know where the lame logs come from when cachers come thru the area on a power caching trip.

Well, that's just lazy. Actually this tool in GSAK leads to me leaving more descriptive and probably much longer logs that I normally would because if I have my laptop with me I can write a log as soon as I get back to my cachemobile. While the find is still fresh in my mind. Otherwise I have to try to remember specific details about a cache I found 5 hours ago once I get back home. I haven't gotten into those "power trips" yet, I usually pick up 3 or 4 on a day. I started out carrying a little notebook with me to scribble notes about each cache, but I've found the automated logging option much easier... and one more step towards saving trees.

You actually don't even have to Copy it - when you click Log Cache on the Notes screen, it automatically copies the Log Section note to the clipboard. All you have to do is paste it into the box, choose Found It in the dropdown, and submit.

Cool, didn't realize this. Saves me another couple clicks.. Thanks!

While I doubt if the OP is caching from a PDA, if he were, or starts to, each time you find a cache, mark it found. It then moves into the FOUND category along with whatever notes you might make (this is assuming you're using Cachemate), and the entire category can be dropped back onto the PC when you get home and sync.

Edited by Isonzo Karst