Nimh Recharable Batteries

HeartwoodTimber.com

personally i use panasonic 2100mah ni-mh batteries. and a quick recharger.

are they the best i dunno, i use them in my digital camera as well and like then.

as for charge length. i can get a few days of caching and about a week of sitting around out of a charged pair on, as for the camera they last quit a while.

with Ni-MH batteries they begin to lose charge the moment you take then off the charger. this is typical to these batteries. as per the lose i'm not to sure. i'm sure with some looking you could find that info some where. also they say don't use these batteries to full discharge. in a gps that would be ok, but don't put them in other device to drain them any more. they handle recharging well so its no problem to keep them topped off. they don't have a memory effect anymore.

one more the thing the higher the mah (milli amp/ hour) the longer they will run

hope that helps

Edited by Rogue_monkey
I saw a recomendation for NiMH Batteries on a post, when I googled it I looks like there are a bunch of brands. What works best out there in Cacheville? I am going through a pair of batteries a day, and it's getting old.

Also, how long does the charge last?

I am well satisfied with my Energizer NiMH batteries and quick charger. Topped up before a day of caching one pair of AAs last me 6 or 8 hours with power to spare.

What you need to look for when purchasing NiMh batteries is the mAh (milli-amp-hour) rating. The higher the number the longer the battery will last. Energizer now makes 2500 mAh batteries, the highest I have seen. They have lasted me an entire day, after which I forgot to turn my GPSr off, and the next morning it was still on! I get these at SAMS club, but can probably be picked up other places as well.