X Box Power Cable

Microsoft are replacing Power cables for XBoxes, full details BBC News, to check to see if your cable needs replacing look here XBox site , all information is on a label on the bottom of the console. It reads Year,month,day for the date on the label.

Non geocaching I know, but after checking and finding that my sons needs replacing, I thought I'd spread the news, I couldn't bear the thought of someone getting hurt, because I couldn't be bothered to spread the news!

Dave

Non geocaching I know, but I thought I'd spread the news, I couldn't bear the thought of someone getting hurt, because I couldn't be bothered to spread the news!

Recall notice

15/02/05 - Artograph Tracer Junior - Recall

Date: 15th February 2005

The following notice has been issued by the wholesaler:

PRODUCT RECALL

Artograph Tracer Junior (Mini-Tracer) 817100022 / 817555022

It is with regret that Daler-Rowney must recall all of the Artograph Tracer Juniors sold since 1st October 2004, (formerly known as "Mini-Tracers") code 817100022 / 817555022. See Fig 1.

The manufacturer has identified a problem with the new energy saving lamps used inside the Tracer. It appears that the lamps themselves have not been assembled securely and reports have been received where they have actually fallen apart. See Fig 2. Whilst many of the lamps may in fact appear normal there is a chance that if the lamp is touched whilst the product is plugged in they could result in the user receiving an electric shock.

Daler-Rowney wishes to apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you and your customers and we ask that you remove any stock from your shelves so that they may be returned to either our Head Office or your Territory Manager as a matter of some urgency.

In addition may we respectfully request that you display either this letter or a similar notice in a prominent position inside your store to ensure customers who may have purchased the product can arrange for it to be returned to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this matter but if you should have any questions regarding this matter then please contact our Customer Services team on

01344 461010.

On behalf of Daler-Rowney

Non geocaching I know, but I thought I'd spread the news, I couldn't bear the thought of someone getting hurt, because I couldn't be bothered to spread the news!

Recall notice

14/02/05 - Carley's Organic Hummus Range - Recall

Date: 14th February 2004

The following notice has been issued by the producer:

Product Recall - Carley's Organic Hummus Range

All date codes

As a precautionary measure Carley's Organic Foods are recalling their range of Chilled Hummus with immediate effect, due to excessive shelf life having been applied to the product. These products should not be eaten. This notice applies to all flavours in the range. Customers should return product to the shop where it was purchased for a full refund. Carley's apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any queries please contact Carley's Customer Care on 01872 270091.

Recall notice

24/01/05 - Nurofen Back Pain Heat Patches - Recall

Date: 24th January 2004

The following notice has been issued by the manufacturer:

PRODUCT WITHDRAWAL

Crookes Healthcare Ltd. announces the withdrawal of Nurofen Back Pain Heat Patches (all batches), following reports that the product may cause adverse skin reactions, similar to sunburn, in a small number of individuals.

Please return the product to the place of purchase, where you will receive a full refund.

Crookes Healthcare Ltd. would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this action, which has been taken to ensure that consumers continue to receive products delivered to the Company's highest standards.

Thanks for the heads up. I've just checked mine and it needs replacing.

I wonder how microsoft were intending to let me know. I am on their xbox email list but I have heard nothing.

Some might find it funny, but I don't think mine or anyone else's house burning down is amusing.

Typo's

Edited by Big Black Bunny

stonefisk have you personally considered how many familys with children, that you know, have XBoxes? When I thought about it, all my neighbors who have children, and my children friends have XBoxes. Does the posability that 14 million cables, many in homes containing children could be faulty! Seem at all funny? Because if by my post, I've save even one child from harm, then all the ridicule in the world will not affect me! And I will personally post other Non Geocaching safety warnings, when the potential No's are so huge!

Dave

Thanks for the heads up. I've just checked mine and it needs replacing.

I wonder how microsoft were intending to let me know. I am on their xbox email list but I have heard nothing.

Some might find it funny, but I don't think mine or anyone else's house burning down is amusing.

Typo's

No-one houses have burnt down, there have been 7 cases of people getting a mild burn on their hand, there have been a total of 23 reported problems. With about 18 million xboxes out there the chances of you getting struck by lightning are greater, that doesn't mean you shouldn't carry an unbrella in the rain....

This is breaking news, Im sure Microsoft will inform people in due course, give them a chance!

While I think Stonefisk could have addressed his approach differently I have to say I agree with his point, this isn't the place for such things and if lots of people posted everything they thought important we would end up with a useless forum.

Time to close this thread I think

I rarely feel sorry for Microsoft, but in this case I have some sympathy. All products have some potential defect of this kind. The main issue is whether the engineers talk sufficiently loudly about it in the canteen for the lawyers (who are, of course, in the posh "bistro" section) to hear.

It could also be a complete hoax by the Xbox marketing people. One or two companies who are perceived to have handled this kind of incident well (think of Perrier about 15 years ago; they recalled every bottle world-wide for an amount of benzene which was about 100 times less than what you find in tap water) actually gain market share because of it.

In any case, someone who is so obsessed with Geocaching that their only source of information about this kind of issue is on this forum, should probably get out more. Oh... er... wait a minute... :ph34r:

Thanks Dave for bringing a genuine concern to people's notice. While I have sympathy with your attempt to warn people of a potential hazard, I also have sympathy with those who believe this may not be the best place to discuss such issues. I can see both sides.

I think the message has now been publicised sufficiently and there is no need for further disussion on this topic. I am therefore closing it. Thank you all for your contributions.