Gc.com Feature Suggestion

racher

I don't know how possible this is when searching or within pocket queries, and this may have been suggested before.

Would it be possible to list geocaches within xx number of miles on either side of a road/highway.

Or possibly between two coordinates, in a direct line.

I'm still new to this game, as I just got a GPS unit. (I've been wanting to play for years)

I'm heading up to my cabin this weekend, would like to create a list of waypoints within so many miles along the road I'm traveling. So I can pull off the road at a park, go for a hike and find a cache.

What does everyone think?

-Eric

It's my understanding that GC.com is already looking at this. Whether or not it can be refined enough to be added as a new feature is a good question.

I know it's been suggested many times.

Check out this pinned thread in the Geocaching.com forum, where a discussion on how to implement this feature has been going on since September.

A search on the phrase "caches along a route" turned up three pages of results. Happy reading.

I don't know how possible this is when searching or within pocket queries, and this may have been suggested before.

Would it be possible to list geocaches within xx number of miles on either side of a road/highway.

Or possibly between two coordinates, in a direct line.

I'm still new to this game, as I just got a GPS unit. (I've been wanting to play for years)

I'm heading up to my cabin this weekend, would like to create a list of waypoints within so many miles along the road I'm traveling. So I can pull off the road at a park, go for a hike and find a cache.

What does everyone think?

-Eric

If you are a premium member and have pocket queries, you can open your query in GSAK and do an arc filter in there. I have used it before on trips. The hardest part is creating all the points along your route.

--RuffRidr

WOW! Thank you all for the great ideas and help!

To correct one person's misinterpertation of my post, I didn't really want a map, just a list of caches in close proximity, that I might pass on a 4 hour road trip.

I think using GSAK would be helpful for me.

-Eric

Oh, and too the mods, I apologize, this should be moved to the Geocaching.com forum.