Is Geocaching Your Life?

Just curious - does anyone here make their primary income from caching? Selling supplies, Team-Building, etc?

If not, does anyone derive a significant portion of their income from the hobby?

The reason I ask is that it seems like a rather large community that is only getting larger. It would be interested to see if and how it evolves into a business for some.

I make a little money from doing the Geo-hiking staffs, not much, but a little.

The magazine that Sept1c_tank and I started Today's Cacher barely supports it's self.

There are others out there that eek a little out like Bumble Buttons, Carolina Keepsakes, CR's web site (don't know the name), USA Geocoins,several books and there are probably a lot more I don't know about.

El Diablo

The two areas I see opportunities for are:

Leadership courses for company retreats.

Eco-Tourism -- hiking w/purpose.

I'm far too busy with my computers, but think that this is something that would be interesting to folks that are a little more obsessed than I.

I'm thinking that it would be somewhat similar to paintball. The biggest challenge is that there is no no real "consumable" in the hobby. Paintball has paintballs, etc.

The two areas I see opportunities for are:

Leadership courses for company retreats.

Eco-Tourism -- hiking w/purpose.

I'm far too busy with my computers, but think that this is something that would be interesting to folks that are a little more obsessed than I.

I'm thinking that it would be somewhat similar to paintball. The biggest challenge is that there is no no real "consumable" in the hobby. Paintball has paintballs, etc.

What about trinkets and cache containers?

Yerocrg

Well, sorta - kinda - almost. :o Are you with the IRS? I'm currently producing a television :D segment on geocaching. It's only a 5 minute piece, but I'll shoot enough footage to do a secondary tape for sale to the public. Whether I make a living doing it is up to the media gods :P - but hey, I have fun at it. As long as I'm rambling here, just how do cachers feel about the publicity? would you let a camera crew join your search? (We're faking it :P to get around the obvious concerns). Ain't movies wonderful?

Not yet... :o

But I'm glad you asked, because I was going to ask the following in the near future anyways...

I would like to know how to get in contact with the person(s) that is over the decals that are being sold on Groundspeak.

Being a Freelance Graphic Designer I can never leave anything alone.

I've got a couple of ideas for some additional cache decals & maybe even some updates to the on the ones that are already there. And also an idea for a new vehicle decal.

I'm working with a local sign/printing company to make some samples to present, but I don't know where to send them.

Any help?

D-man :P

Edited by gridlox