What To Do With My Caches?

kc8hnz

I will be leaving for Army Basic training on March 1st. Naturally, I won't be around any more to maintain my caches. However, I want them to live on and find someone to adopt them. First, should I find one person to maintain all of them or find seperate people to maintain individual caches( I have 10 of them and the farthest distance between two of them is ~ 15 miles). Second, should I keep them under my account or should I send an e-mail to my local approver (which happens to be Keystone Approver) and have him switch the caches to the person/people who are going to be maintaining them for me. And lastly, while I'll probelly be posting this in my regional board also, are there any volunteers on the West side of Cleveland who would like to adopt them? Thanks!

If you have a local organizatoin post there, odds are you could find someone to watch them for you until you come back.

If you don't then the regional section of these forums is the ticket. You will probaby find someone willing to adopt them.

Once you do find someone email contact@geocaching.com with the info on the cache (a link or the waypoint number) and who's adopting. It will happen from there.

Depends on the person who might adopt them. If they can handle 10 speard fifteen miles, good, if they don't want that much to patrol then break them up more.

again, that depends on who might be taking over, might want the ablity to edit the page etc themselves, others might just want to contact you for anything they can't do. If your going to be stationed far away I would have them switched over that way emails to the 'owner' will go directly to them. If someone couldn't find it last week and wants help, or says the logbook is wet and needs replaced. Your not going to be able to get there (at least in a timely manner) and fix the problem, so you'll end up just forwarding such messages.

no help there

The NEOGeocachers group currently has 236 registered accounts. I only know of about a half dozen Northeast Ohio/Greater Cleveland who spend any time here. A note directly to the NEO-Geo's will get a lot more notice.

I've found almost all of kc8hnz's caches and several are quite close to me but I travel a lot on business and don't really have the time for cache maintenance right now. Heck, I've only had time to go caching once in last month.

He may also want to e-mail directly some of the more prolific locals like LuvWahoo, SerentiyNow, RichardMoore, FunkyMonky, or SherwoodForest.