Magellan Customer Service

Hi,

I've used Magellan's customer service via their web site. Our SporTrak Map developed some small cracks in the case and we had it for about 8 months, so returning it to the retailer wasn't an option. Their customer service was very good. We received a response with a return goods authorization, with instructions, via email and the unit was repaired and returned to us about a week later. It looked brand new, they updated the flash and gave us a new manual and windshield mount free for our troubles.

If the unit was new, I would have returned it to the retailer rather than being without it for a week, but thats me.

Hope this helps.

The NEO Geodogs!

I have found their telephone support pleasant, though sometimes not rewarding. I’ve never had a failure, but I called them a couple of times with questions shortly after I bought my unit. They were pleasant both times, but on at least one occasion I felt like I got BS answers. Based on my experience I’d guess they will be helpful with repairs, I think they just didn't know the answers and wanted to tell me something that would make me feel good.

However if I had only had it a few days I’d want an exchange from the retailer.

I emailed magellan about a week ago because the software that came with my explorist 400 will not work on my computer. i received a confirmation email and a survey asking about the timeliness and helpfulness of the service, but I never managed to actually get help. Good Luck.

I have dealt with Magellan repeatedly for both warranty and non-warranty repairs. Service on these issues has been hit and miss. The first time I had my platinum repaired because I dropped it, still under warranty cost me like 20 bucks shipping plus they sent me a car mount. Second time the platinum went nuts the screen went out, cost me $100 as it was non-warranty but they sent me a power cable for my truck which I think retails on the site for like $60.

The last time I dealt with them, I was trying to get my sister's sport trak repaired the unit gives an error message everytime it comes on. I emailed them repeatedly, told them what the unit was doing and how long I (well, my sister) had the unit, they sent me back an email saying that they could reprogram it FOR FREE. I thought cool, I am going to be out shipping and she will get it fixed. They told me someone would be emailing me a RMA # After a couple of weeks of no number, and several emails, I decided to call them. I got a guy who BARELY spoke English, or at least this good ole boy from Arkansas had a hard time understanding, anyway he proceeded to tell me that it would cost like $50 or so to get it repaired. This is after I had been told it would be reprogramed for free. Needless to say the Sport Trak is still in my desk drawer non-functioning.

I threatened to never buy their product again, but for the most part I have had good luck, course I am not going to get another unit till my platinum lays down, we have been through alot together :D

Cya on the trails,

Rusty

I've used customer service twice both times for problems with the exp 5oo or accs.

The first time was for the power cord, I couldn't get it to charge and they sent a new one within a week.

The second time was for the 500 click stick and some sticky buttons.

I emailed first and waited about 2 weeks and never heard from them, when I called I Had a RMA within 5 mins. I mailed the unit to Texas and had it back within 2 weeks and also had a new battery for it

I just called customer service today for a simple question about my new eXplorist 500. The call was answered right away, and after providing some information, my question was answered satisfactorily. While the woman on the other end spoke with a heavy accent, it was clear that she UNDERSTOOD everything I was saying, and that's all that's important. When she didn't know the answer to part of my question, she put me on hold for about 1 minute and then was back with the answer. I'm completely satisfied with the service.