Choosing Hitchiker

NaVTroopr

Hello Everyone,

I am very excited to sendy my hitchiker on his journey.

He is a Tikiman who I picked up in Guam as a souveneir. I worry that since he is a cool figurine that someone might steal him! <_< Do any of you know of people who had thier hitchiker stolen?

FYI he stands about 6 inches tall and it the dude depicted in my avatar.

I'd also like to know how long it may take for him to make a trip from Washington State to Spain (and back) with the instrution I put in on his "travel bug page."

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

Rey

My first TB is a little hot wheels MINI Cooper. It is a somewhat limited edition version that is hard to find but not really worth much since I play with my toys and take them out of the original packaging.

When it disappeared after being moved only once, I was really bothered by it. Fortunately, a geocacher found it where it had dropped out of someone's caching bag near a cache.

After this scare, I decided that I would not send out anything in the future if I had any real attachment to it or could not replace it.

Your tiki god thing is really cool. I'd hate to see it disappear so don't send it out if you will get upset if it goes missing. . . .

Maybe you could screw the travel bug tag onto the back of it?

Edited by YuccaPatrol

Here's some Travel Bug mortality data I worked up a while back.

Edited to add:

I did another look at bugs as a function of size and form. It was very clear that medium sized bugs do a lot better than either small or large ones. Medium sized bugs made moves more frequently, made many more moves and lived longer than large and small ones.

I also compared hard objects with cloth/fuzzy ones. There was not enough difference between these to conclude anything. Cloth/fuzzy objects did very slightly better, but the sample wasn’t large enough to make this difference meaningful.

Edited by Thot