Night Time Cache Hunts With Flashlight ...

GeoGordie

Hi Gang,

Looking for Night Time Hunts ... Have worked one here in NC,

Guilford County. Night Stalker

A REAL BLAST and Fun !! Finding a cache in the dark using a flashlight looking for Reflector Clues .. Way Cool !!

Anyone know of more of these in North Carolina ??

Tks,

GeoGordie in Greensboro

I replied in another forum to this question and posed a very stupid question to you... WHERE YOU WERE IN NC...

Stoopid me... shouldn't read the sig at the end of your post...

When you get a group together of interest to this, let me know; maybe it will work out for my work schedule to do something like this

If you make it down to Georgia, there are 4 or 5 night caches here.

One is in Northeast Georgia only about 10 miles from the NC and right on the SC state line and might be worth a trip.

It requires a hike in and overnight stay.

Here is the cache page:

GCJN38 - The Lacy Snipe Hunt

It is about 4 and 1/2 hours away from Greensboro.

If you plan on coming into Atlanta, let me know and I'll point you to the other ones.

Kenneth

Um, there are all great suggestions, but can't all caches be hunted at night as long as the park/land area si still open? It just adds another * to the D ratings. :grin:

You are looking from the wrong direction.

Most caches can be found at night, but night caches are supposed to only be found at night and not found during the day.

I've heard of some people using 1 or 2 million candlewatt lights to find them during daylight, but most do them at night as intended.

It is quite fun.

If you still can't see the point, just insert a hypen and the word only to the thread, thus getting "Night Time-Only" caches. Or better yet, go find one and you'll understand.

Kenneth