Geocaching On Your Website - My Movie

It was great watching Maddie's excitement. That's one of the neatest things that we get our of geocaching. We have a 3-year-old daughter and she gets excited every time she finds one. I get rewarded with "Wow!" and "Look, Daddy, look!!!" and "Open it, open it!!!"... Thanks for catching this excitement on video!

Edited by Gaddiel and OrangeDanish

Hey! Thanks for the nice comments! How about some links to some other websites of photos, films and the like? Promoting GEOcaching is a great way to keep the hobby healthy (I think).

For those having challenges viewing the film -- you can get a free download of QuickTime at www.apple.com

I use Linux, XP as well as my Apples to create the content (I'm a self-confessed computer geek and actually train folks on how to use them). The only problem I've had is on Linux systems. However, it's also a rather large film and if you are on dial-up that could effect your ability to get the film.

Thanks again everyone -- Maddy and I continue to hunt and place caches and hope that you will visit our caches if you are in the area!

:laughing: Sorry to the folks that can't see the film. I did test it on Firefox (Apple and XP), IE 6 (Apple and XP) and Safari (only on Apple's). The reason I am using QuickTime is that it allows me to put in hints for the streaming server that hosts it. This allows it to stream rather than have to download in it's entirety (it's about 13MB in size).

Providing a download link would not help if your QuickTime isn't working (or if it isn't installed). If you did want to install QuickTime (personally I find it very nice) then www.apple.com is the place to find it. You may want to "uncheck" the subscription boxes if you don't want them sending you updates, etc) It should be a single download.

At any rate, I hope to make a more polished GEOcaching film and may offer that in two formats - QuickTime and Windows Media.

Maddie is very excited about the fact that so many people have gone "geo-caching with her". Thanks!

:) Sorry to the folks that can't see the film. I did test it on Firefox (Apple and XP), IE 6 (Apple and XP) and Safari (only on Apple's). The reason I am using QuickTime is that it allows me to put in hints for the streaming server that hosts it. This allows it to stream rather than have to download in it's entirety (it's about 13MB in size).

Providing a download link would not help if your QuickTime isn't working (or if it isn't installed). If you did want to install QuickTime (personally I find it very nice) then www.apple.com is the place to find it. You may want to "uncheck" the subscription boxes if you don't want them sending you updates, etc) It should be a single download.

At any rate, I hope to make a more polished GEOcaching film and may offer that in two formats - QuickTime and Windows Media.

Maddie is very excited about the fact that so many people have gone "geo-caching with her". Thanks!

Oh, it WORKS on my mac, but I would rather be able to watch at my leisure (read: be able to pause if the boss comes in).

The way it's set up, I can't control it!