Check List Of "locationless Caches"

Yup, Locationless Checklist is maintained by Beachbuddies.

It is sorted by categories that make a lot of sense. I always travel with a hard copy. If I see something that fits, I snap a pic and then search the listing to see if anyone has logged that item. I usually do not target any LC directly. Well there was that one time I read about the birdhouse contest in the paper. :blink:

Edited by wimseyguy

I drove by a "John Deer" mailbox this morning and said " I wonder if that is a cache or not".

I live in a place where there are still alot of "Flower Children" and there are MANY strange and wonderfull sites around that I'm sure are locationless caches... Now that you ask.... What does everyone think of them...Should they count right along with regular caches or should they be separate? (Just curious)

Thanx for the list I'll Check it out

I love locationless caches. I was thinking about making a page you could print out and carry along with a list of every locationless and a place to note when you found them.

Any interest in having something like that?

I am, I could use a list. I have tried to get a pocket quary of them but since some aren't even from the US, I only get some and not all. I really like them, some are very simple but some really take thinking. I still want to find a moon tree. I know where there is one but still have to find a not busy time to visit it. I enjoy the ones that are on the national registry and the painted ladies one about victorian houses.

95_Camaro_Couple-Just out of curiosity, is there an easy way to see if the location you spot has already been listed? It's pretty tough to go through them all when there are over a thousand, you know?

What I do is first go to the bottom of the locationless cache listing page and click on “There are more logs. View them all on one page.” Then go to “EDIT” at the top of your browser page and select “Find in Top Window.” You can now enter a string to search for in the pop-up dialog box. I generally enter Latitude as just “N 43” or whatever because anyone else probably wouldn’t be standing in the same spot you were. This generally narrows it down to maybe 20 possibilities and I then look at the Longitudes that pop up and see if I get a degree match there. If I do I check the log entry closely to see if there is a location match. This process generally only takes a minute or two. You can also search for a place name if that is unique. When I do a search what I’ve found is quite often there are at least 2 cachers that have logged the same location even though you aren’t suppose to. It is probably because they didn’t do a careful search. Doing a search manually takes forever and you're likely to miss something.

Just out of curiosity, is there an easy way to see if the location you spot has already been listed?  It's pretty tough to go through them all when there are over a thousand, you know?

Paula :(

There is a very easy way to do this:

Use this cool online tool.

Just put your coordinates in the first box, and the GC# of the locationless in the other. It will compute the distances between your coodinates and ALL the coodinates on the cache page, and display them in a list sorted by distance. Look at the first one...if it is very close, your target has likely been logged.

I have a few questions about Locationless Caches... (And, yes, I have logged more than a few...)

It seems that almost none of the 'owners' of the Locationless Caches pay any attention to what is posted. Looking to see what has been logged locally, I notice that three and four people have logged the same spot. I was looking at a site tonight. Some entries don't have pictures, some do not show a GPS, and several don't seem to show the required item. Doesn't that sort of violate the entire concept of Locationless Caches?

2ndly, I see at least one 'Virtual Cache' that is actually a Locationless Cache. Statue of Liberty is NOT a Virtual Cache. One cannot go to that location, and find the cache.