Logging Tbs

Hi All,

I picked up two TBs yesterday that had obviously been dropped by a visitor to the UK as both of their previous caches were in the USA.

They have not been logged as dropped in the cache I got from as yet.

I don't like to hang on to TBs and want to get "rid" of them ASAP.

If I log them as " Found in another location" what happens if the guy who dropped them tries to log them, say, in a weeks time? He will drop them in a cache I've already taken them from?

First time I have come across this situation so don't know what to do.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by Beds Clangers

I understand your reluctance to hold on to them, but I think in the circumstances I would wait for them to be logged into the caches you've taken them from.

I'm not sure, but I think if you log them as 'taken from another location' then the people who brought them over will have to grab them back to log them, which complicates the issue and messes up the mileage.

If I'm logging away from home I always try and leave a note in the log book when I will be back to log the activity.

I'd give them a little while to get back and log, probably 2 weeks.

A TB in limbo for a few weeks has got to be better than breaking the sequence of accurate logs.

This seems to have worked for me. I have just returned from a weeks caching in South Wales (highly recomended). Left a TB early in the week with a note that I couldn't log until my return. 2 Hours after I logged it someone else logged that they had picked it up 2 days later.

I'd give 'em a couple of weeks, Nick.

Some weeks ago I dropped off a T/B whilst on a visit down Southampton way. It was late when I got home and didn't do my logs until the next morning. During that time another cacher had visited said cache and picked up the T/B. It was his first bug and he was excited about it so he rushed home and had 'grabbed' it from me before I'd had a chance to log it into the cache. In doing so, he had stopped the bug from adding the mileage from where I'd picked it up down to Southampton.

To put things right (and as I had a note of the tracking number), I 'grabbed' it back from him, logged it into the cache where I'd left it and then deleted my 'grabbed' log. I emailed the young cacher and explained politely what I'd done, why I'd done it and what he should do. He immediately deleted his 'grabbed' log and then 'retrieved' it in the normal manner. All was then back as it should be with the bug's mileage updated to include the trip south.

A bit messy but it could have been avoided if the guy had waited a few hours until I'd logged the bug into the cache.

We think there's a problem logging TBs. Somebody took a TBfrom one of our caches 3 weeks ago and it hasn't been logged, even though the cacher has logged their visit. We picked up a TB a day or two ago which isn't logged as being in the cache.... and today we dropped a TB but our log page doesn't reflect that, nor does the TB page. It's still logged as in our possession..

The site has now accepted our TB drop of today..

Edited by Birders
Birders Posted on Oct 31 2004, 05:22 AM

We picked up a TB a day or two ago which isn't logged as being in the cache....

Was that my TB County Rover?

That's the second time he's not been logged into a cache and has simply been "found"! :lol:

"Mistletoe Bough", the cache you found him in is a fairly new cache and had only been found by two people before you (not including the cache owner as well), so it shouldn't be too hard to find out who left it there. Although I'm not interested in apportioning blame... I'm just happy that he's safe and well and in good hands. ;)

;) Aand you think you have a TB prob? We have a TB logged into one of our Zodiac Series caches which is actually in a cache by the same name in Ontario, Canada. The placer is just as confused as I am as he/she does not have the TB number to try and retrieve and replace it again. GC really messed up this time.

We even received the e-mails regarding their finds when they never left Canada.

No idea how to fix this problem...Any suggestions?

Lynn

;) Aand you think you have a TB prob? We have a TB logged into one of our Zodiac Series caches ...{snip}...

No idea how to fix this problem...Any suggestions?

Lynn

How about emailing the TB owner through the site and asking for the number off the spare tag, then you can grab the bug and correct its movements.

We think there's a problem logging TBs. Somebody took a TBfrom one of our caches 3 weeks ago and it hasn't been logged, even though the cacher has logged their visit. We picked up a TB a day or two ago which isn't logged as being in the cache.... and today we dropped a TB but our log page doesn't reflect that, nor does the TB page. It's still logged as in our possession..

The site has now accepted our TB drop of today..

I think one of those TBs was mine :ph34r:

Just sent you an email explaining what I think has happened and hopefully this will correct things!

Cheers