Frustrated No Longer.

teamh3

Had my first find today (actually two of them) So I am a frustrated Cacher no more. I found Schenley1 today and i managed to find The Bridge and Groom. I can only say that I felt such a rush after finding my first caches.

Actually I tried to find Bridge and Groom first and did indeed spend an hour looking for it. after I gave up I started on after the other one. owing to my sence of direction (as in I would have trouble finding the door in a closet) I ended up going the wrong way and had to bushwack my way up a ravine and down the side of another. However after i got my bearings finding the other was rather easy Other than the climb up the side of what seemed to be a mud mountian.

On the way back I decided to try for the other one one last time and found it rather quickly, pretty much by moving a stone I had assured myself could not be the hiding place the last 10 times I look there for an hour. there it was. Got to love it.

All in all hiked 4 miles, found 2 caches, the day was sunny and the breeze was cool. right now you couldnt dampen my spirits with a fire hose.

Cool... I like when people get all giddy about stuff like that.

Now, I need to fix a faux pas. You ought to edit out the spoiler in your log. You know that part about where the cache is hidden. Just to say you found it in the last place you looked is enough... keep the details a secret for future finders to figure out.

Jamie

Congratulations on your first find! I am honored that it was on one of my caches, even if it was only because you had trouble with the other one, which many find challenging. I was happy to hear that the cache survived the recent torrential rains, and was dry in the new Lock 'n Lock container that I placed there a few weeks ago. It would have sucked if your first cache had been a soggy mess.

I appreciated your enthusiastic log and the followup e-mail you sent to me. Even after hiding two dozen caches and finding more than 1,000, nothing beats a newbie's excitement to make a veteran geocacher feel happy. Owners LOVE to read logs like that. Except for that spoiler on the other cache... I was gonna write to you about that but Jamie beat me to it.

Your first find is one of the oldest caches in the City of Pittsburgh. I adopted it after another newbie whined so hard about how difficult it was that the owner archived it. After that, it frustrated another new geocacher team who was persistent enough to eventually find it, and they are now one of the leading teams in Pittsburgh. So you did a great job! GPS signal in that muddy ravine is terrible. And that is why there's a cache there. :)

Had my first find today (actually two of them) So I am a frustrated Cacher no more. I found Schenley1 today and i managed to find The Bridge and Groom. I can only say that I felt such a rush after finding my first caches.

Actually I tried to find Bridge and Groom first and did indeed spend an hour looking for it. after I gave up I started on after the other one. owing to my sence of direction (as in I would have trouble finding the door in a closet) I ended up going the wrong way and had to bushwack my way up a ravine and down the side of another. However after i got my bearings finding the other was rather easy Other than the climb up the side of what seemed to be a mud mountian.

On the way back I decided to try for the other one one last time and found it rather quickly, pretty much by moving a stone I had assured myself could not be the hiding place the last 10 times I look there for an hour. there it was. Got to love it.

All in all hiked 4 miles, found 2 caches, the day was sunny and the breeze was cool. right now you couldnt dampen my spirits with a fire hose.

Contratulations on your first find of many, I'm sure. I, too, love to read the enthusiasm of a new cacher. :blink: