What is a geomuggle?

Clown Knife

I was reading the details of a cache I will hunt this afternoon and there was mention of "geomuggles" finding or not finding the cache. What da heck is a geomuggle? Is is someone that stumbles upon a geocache and either vandalizes it or removes it? I'm still a newbie (seven caches found) and would like to kown all the lingo. Thanks fellow geocaches!

I've not come across the term before, but my guess would be that it is a reference to Harry Potter.

In Harry Potter, muggles are non-wizarding folk.

In Geocaching, geomuggles might be non-geocaching folk.

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

Thanks Kouros for your reply. I am not a Harry Potter fan, no children. I had not seen that term, geomuggles before today. Happy cache hunting!

quote:
Originally posted by Kouros:

I've not come across the term before, but my guess would be that it is a reference to Harry Potter.

In Harry Potter, muggles are non-wizarding folk.

In Geocaching, geomuggles might be non-geocaching folk.

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

Absolutely correct.

Geowords -or- Sniglets for geocaching

macdaddymd@aol.com posted February 26, 2002 12:10 AM

My term for the unaware passersby comes from Harry Potter... I call them GeoMuggles!

Dissuaded by the cops

Beatnik's post August 25, 2002 05:05 PM

“To paraphrase Markwell, I had a "geomuggle" with me the other day. He is new to my company and hadn't been introduced to my GPS obsession yet.”

I didn't know I used it that much. I do use “Neocacher” a lot...

Coining a new term... - the whole thread.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

"Therapy is expensive but bubble wrap is free."

Originally posted by ValCor:

Thanks Kouros for your reply. I am not a Harry Potter fan, no children. I had not seen that term, geomuggles before today. Happy cache hunting!

Don't worry about not having kids! The Harry Potter books are good in any case... My boss has kids in college and married and he is a BIG Harry Potter fan.

quote:
Originally posted by Centaur:

quote:

nevermind, we've been markwelled... icon_biggrin.gif

Markwell, not only have you been Verbed, you have been Nouned as well. icon_wink.gif

(or is that an adverb, or a dangling participle, or some other part of speach I could never remember... )

No, still a verb. "Markwell" could be a noun, though, referring to the link: Perhaps this should be discussed here <- a Markwell.

Also an adjective, as in "This is now a markwelled thread."

It is also a hijacked thread.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

"It doesn't take a nucular scientist to pronounce 'foilage'." --Marge Simpson

quote:

Don't worry about not having kids! The Harry Potter books are good in any case... My boss has kids in college and married and he is a BIG Harry Potter fan.

My wife and I are both fans of the HP books (and movies so far), and we don't even have kids. Of course, we do have more kids books in the house than regular ones (my wifes a teacher).

We saw the first movie on opening day, and will see #2 the first weekend out. Good stuff, even for adults icon_smile.gif

Shannon

VegasCacheHounds

I'm a Harry Potter fan and I'm 37.5 good stuff

I like that term....Geomuggle.

I'm going to make a cache and call it...Beware of the Geomuggle or something like that.Cooll Thanks

If you eat a live frog in the morning,nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day.