Tb Tattoo

BilboB

I was at a Geo Meet and ran into a fellow cacher who has the distinction of being one of the only LIVE TB's in existence. He actually has a TB tattooed on his arm and you can log him/it as a find as long as you include a picture of yourself and him in the logsheets. Anyone out there ever hear of something as outrageous as that??? I think it is kind of clever myself.

Edited by BilboB

Very neat idea! :lol: A traveling cacher :o . Never herd of that one before.

It would have been cheeper to attach the tag to his arm with a zip-strip.

I recently met a guy at the local Home Depot, that had a tattoo of a UPS code on the back of his neck. It consisted of his SS# and DOB. Cost $125. I guess it's in case he forgot his name, or date of birth. SF1

I was at a Geo Meet and ran into a fellow cacher who has the distinction of being one of the only LIVE TB's in existence. He actually has a TB tattooed on his arm and you can log him/it as a find as long as you include a picture of yourself and him in the logsheets. Anyone out there ever hear of something as outrageous as that??? I think it is kind of clever myself.

I have thought about doing this myself but I think my wife would flip out. :P

I have thought about doing this myself but I think my wife would flip out. :)

Why? You can tell her "Log me, baby, log me" :P

I was at a Geo Meet and ran into a fellow cacher who has the distinction of being one of the only LIVE TB's in existence. He actually has a TB tattooed on his arm and you can log him/it as a find as long as you include a picture of yourself and him in the logsheets. 

That is a very original idea! So did you get credit for the TB?? <grin>

I wonder if he has his TB up online here to look at? Did you get his trail name?

Question: Where did you find the TB graphic for your shirt so you could blow it up that big without being pixelated?

We made a PhotoShop EPS with the text and the TB logotype. Then we went to a photo-store in our hometown that can make t-shirts. We took the floppydisc (old school! :() and he made everything bigger and then printed it on a shirt.

I was at a Geo Meet and ran into a fellow cacher who has the distinction of being one of the only LIVE TB's in existence. He actually has a TB tattooed on his arm and you can log him/it as a find as long as you include a picture of yourself and him in the logsheets. 

That is a very original idea! So did you get credit for the TB?? <grin>

I wonder if he has his TB up online here to look at? Did you get his trail name?

"IT'S ALIVE" or something like that was the name, check the profile of the person who started this thread, you will find about 22 bugs. Choose the correct one, and look at the gallery. One pic shows the tattoo.

We made a PhotoShop EPS with the text and the TB logotype. Then we went to a photo-store in our hometown that can make t-shirts. We took the floppydisc (old school! :o) and he made everything bigger and then printed it on a shirt.

Did you just get the graphic off the gc.com website? All the ones I've seen are pretty small. I guess I'll have to do some digging.

We made a PhotoShop EPS with the text and the TB logotype. Then we went to a photo-store in our hometown that can make t-shirts. We took the floppydisc (old school! :o) and he made everything bigger and then printed it on a shirt.

Did you just get the graphic off the gc.com website? All the ones I've seen are pretty small. I guess I'll have to do some digging.

Sorry! I was saying wrong earlier... We didn't give him a floppy for the one shown on our TB page!! We gave him two printed A4 pages, one in size 1:1 (the size of the logotype directly from the website, and I think that was like an inch wide or so.) and one I had enlarged like 140% or so, that wasn't pixeled...

He took this and did some scanning and enhancing, and we were very suprised when we picked up the t-shirt later that day that it was so good!

For the next shirt, did we give him a floppy. But for the first one did he just scan it and enlarge the logotype.

We went to the eastcoast (we live on the westcoast) of Sweden for an event, and some people didn't realize that I was a bug despite the text on the shirt "I'm a bug - log me!" :D :D

Well well, it is fun to find a forum about your own Bug. :o

Yes, I am Alive.. Just wanted to drop a note to say thanks to all the people who have run into us at events and local get togethers.. Our family is having a blast and we really love geocaching. Getting to meet all the other people is a very nice bonus to the game.

Keep looking for It's Alive!!! It went eight states in nine days this summer, but we never had the luck of meeting other cachers on our route.. We will keep trying.

:D