From Gsak To Mapsource

crabtrees

GSAK states that you can send waypoints to MAPSOURCE. From Mapsource, you can send data to the Garmin 60C via USB.

How do you send the waypoints to MAPSOURCE?

Also, where can you purchase a serial cable that will mate with the strange pins found on the back of the Garmin 60C?

Thanks,

Bill in nor cal

Have you done this?

in GSAK click on "file" > "export" > mapsource.

in mapsource

select "file" > "import" > then selct the file you just created when you exported from GSAK

I do not have a 60anything, but a freind said that the serial cables from the other "map series" garmins fir the 60c(s).

A owner can/will correct any mistakes I made

Edited by Cherokeecacher

If you have a serial cable connected between your computer and your GPS, you can send from GSAK directly to the GPS.

USB support direct from GSAK to your GPS is working for a bunch of beta testers.

The communications between GSAK and your GPS is done through a program called GPSBabel and the developer has just coded the USB support.

I own the 60cs. It is very easy to export to Mapsource. As has been said:

in GSAK click on "file" > "export" > Mapsource MPS. Choose the file.

open mapsource

select "file" > "import" > then selct the file you just created when you exported from GSAK.

I would not bother with the serial cable. Use the USB cable that came with your unit and download from Mapsource. This is much better technology than serial and you won't believe how fast data is transferred- almost instantaneous!

I don't know about the OP, but it took me two tries to do this from GSAK. The first time I hit "export," I picked MapSend WPT file ("Yeah, Mapsend. That sounds right.") Then in MapSource, it let me list WPT files for import, but nothing happened.

So then I went back and looked more closely. File-->Export-->MapSource MPS file. Imported that one, and it worked fine.

As a wise man once said, "Dhot!"

If you don't have USB support, but have the serial cable, you can download from MapSource to the 60C with GSAK->MapSourse->GPSr. If you are a registered GSAK user, and have downloaded the latest version of GSAK, you can go straight from GSAK to GPSr using the USB cable that comes with the 60C.