Thanksgiving All Over Agian.

JMBella

Last Thanksgiving these forums got so out of hand with personal attacks and flames even MY warning meter got popped. Now it seems like things are getting a pretty heated again and it made me wonder. Maybe it's SAD; Seasonal Affective Disorder. Just to make sure, take the following short test. Feel free to add your own questions if you like.

When the Seasons change do you?

-Do you cache less and sleep more?

-Do you start flame wars in the forums?

-Do you think relatively harmless items in caches are so inappropriate you are compelled to create unnecessary drama in the forums about them?

-Are you unwilling or unable to find humor in humorous or light hearted posts?

-Did you weep uncontrollably when your favorite member of the apprentice was fired? (OK, maybe that was just me)

-Do you find yourself missing members like subigo and upinyachit?

If you answered yes to any of the above, you may be one of the millions of people who suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

There's are only two antidotes for this dissorder. Lots of drugs... or lots of geocaching. I choose the latter.

Fall and winter are my FAVORITE times to cache! Once my toe has healed, I'll be out caching, not complaining in the forums!

No bugs, less leaves on the trees to mess with my GPS signal, not as many muggles around, being able to wear a sweatshirt instead of baking in the hot sun...woohoo! Fall and Winter caching!!!!! YAY!

I actually suffer from SAD - I hate to see Fall coming....

Oddly, I cached all winter long and didn't suffer as much last year - a coincidence?

Get thee from New England.

I was actually wandering through Brookline today on the way to my car and thought "If there was one season that makes New England worth it..it's Fall" and I realized it's more than the leaves/colors, since everything's still green when I was thinking about this today. There's something about the crisp and refreshing air (even in Boston) that makes fall nice....that, and football....and playoff baseball...

among other things, i have a very heavy seasonal affective disorder. i have an alarm clock that creates an artificial sunrise near my head, and a visor with high-intensity lights that i wear for an hour every day during the appropriate three months. since i've taken up geocaching i have suffered less, but i also improved when i took up cycling. i have reduced my average yearly time spent in a hospital from four weeks to four hours (sporadic ER visits).

i learned to cache in winter, so summertime seems like a great treat to me.

i did not notice any sniping in the forums last thanksgiving; i was out geocaching. that's the key, my friends. GO GEOCACHING. do not spend the day inside with your relatives watching football. this is critical. do not listen to your sister for one more minute than you have to. do not even be around to hear your mother ask you when you're getting married (a new job, children, a haircut)... take your turkey and head for a convenient waypoint.

if you cannot find humor in a serious thread, you need to cache more. if you can't cache, try this exercise: read a thread title, and make up a smartypants answer to it before you read the thread. later, after you have read the whole thread, post the smarty-pants answer anyway. pretend to be serious. give yourself one point for each person that reminds you to be on-topic. give yourself ten points if the topic is immediately locked. if a topic appears to be too serious, derail it. alternate serious replies with goofy ones. do not let on that you know the difference. if at all possible, be both goofy and serious in ONE POST.

i have not noticed that the forums are any warmer than usual.

i did not cry about anything that happened on tv, except for during the parade of nations at the olympics. and when thomas voeckler hung on to the yellow jersey ONE LAST DAY. and there was that one chevy commercial, come to think of it...

but other than that, i NEVER cry over what's on tv. donald trump is a greasy old sleazeball and i have serious doubt about anyone who WANTS to put up with his nonsense for any amount of money.

if i find an inappropriate thing in a cache, i trade for it and throw it out. my sense of outrage is limited to people who use the stupid term "muggle" outside of a harry potter context.

Good post flask.

i have an alarm clock that creates an artificial sunrise near my head, and a visor with high-intensity lights that i wear for an hour every day during the appropriate three months.

I've never heard of that. Do you have a link that would point people in the right direction? It might be helpful to someone.

Last Thanksgiving these forums got so out of hand with personal attacks and flames even MY warning meter got popped. Now it seems like things are getting a pretty heated again and it made me wonder. Maybe it's SAD; Seasonal Affective Disorder. Just to make sure, take the following short test. Feel free to add your own questions if you like.

-Do you think relatively harmless items in caches are so inappropriate you are compelled to create unnecessary drama in the forums about them?

-Did you weep uncontrollably when your favorite member of the apprentice was fired? (OK, maybe that was just me)

If you answered yes to any of the above, you may be one of the millions of people who suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

There's are only two antidotes for this dissorder. Lots of drugs... or lots of geocaching. I choose the latter.

I actually determined that I really do suffer from SADS. The real therapy is exposure to bright light. NOw that I know that I suffer from it it is not as bad or now non-existant.

Last Thanksgiving these forums got so out of hand with personal attacks and flames even MY warning meter got popped.  Now it seems like things are getting a pretty heated again and it made me wonder.  Maybe it's SAD; Seasonal Affective Disorder.  Just to make sure, take the following short test.  Feel free to add your own questions if you like. 

-Did you weep uncontrollably when your favorite member of the apprentice was fired?  (OK, maybe that was just me)

There's are only two antidotes for this dissorder.  Lots of drugs... or lots of geocaching.  I choose the latter.

I actually determined that I really do suffer from SADS. The real therapy is exposure to bright light. NOw that I know that I suffer from it it is not as bad or now non-existant.

Lol! I used to jack with Zuuky all the time about keeping his seretonin levels up. It was all in fun though.