Permission From Wiltshire County Council

Now, how do we get it into the Olympics?

But would everybody be prepared to take the test for illegal substances ? I hear than Kendal mint cake contains a number of dubious chemicals :unsure:

Back on the topic: this compares very favourably with the problems which the Ontario GC people have been having with Parks Ontario, who own most of the "good places" in that province. For example, there are only about 15 caches in Algonquin Park (which is about the size of Yorkshire), and they're all more than a year old - the PO people made the GCers put a moratorium on new ones, presumably while they did the usual bureaucrat headless chicken number which always happens when you ask permission for something that isn't in the rule book.

Maybe someone from GAGB who knows how to run Jobsworths up the right way, could contact the Canadians to offer some tips ?

Edited by sTeamTraen
Congrats on that Wombles, and congrats on being first to place cache on WCC property.

Am I the first to find a cache that has been placed on Wiltshire County Council property under this new permission blanket ? :unsure:

Yes you are. I only placed that cache this afternoon and it was approved less than two hours before you found it, so well done!

great work. it's nice to see we're slowly winning over the councils etc and getting blanket permission.

i just hope we can get more and more to realise that we are some of the best users of their land what with cito etc. when you consider some of the people who use public access land. makes you wonder what people think we actually do. how much damage could we really do?

cheers

when you try and contact someone in the council who do you ask for - I doubt there is such a post as "geocaching permission co-ordinator". I've tried contacting cheshire county council but had no response yet.

Most councils have a countryside ranger who is responsible for their country parks and similar. They have a responsibility to promote the use of these locations and to get people away from their TVs and computers into the countryside......

It's usually worth being specific to start with ie "I'd like to place a geocache at X, if this goes well then can we talk about a more general permission".