Forming A Local Geocaching Organization

Hello Fellow Geocachers,

This is the first time I have ever been in a forum. I am here seeking advice on how to form a Geocaching Organization for the Central California Coast- San Luis Obispo County Area. We have an upcoming event or get together this Sunday, and one of the topics we will be discussing is forming and naming a group. None of us, as far as I know, have any idea how to do this. Can anyone out there help with this?

Thanks, Markell Ness

I started with a webpage. I didn't instead for it to be much more than that but people are starting showing some interest. I'm planning an event soon and I will discuss the group a little at that time. Try putting together a simple one page site, then try and muster up interest in your regional forum.

A very helpful web site for Geocaching Organizations is http://www.geommunity.com we have a variety og topics and groups in various stages of formalization there. We have forums where you are able to discuss any number of topics related to forming and growing your local organization. If you would like to email me about geommunity or forming your organization email me at thefederation@se.rr.com.