Ok .... I Gotta Do It!

Swag- the stuff you trade.... ie Trade Items

Avatar- The pic on the side of the forum page when you post a reply. similar to your pic in your profile. go to My Controls on the top of your forum page and it will give you all that info to upload your pic.

TPTB- the powers that be (usually Jeremy, et. al.)

SWAG- originally Stuff We All Get- like the goody bags handed out at conventions, Here it just means trade items.

Avatar- the little picture under your name in the forums, if you want help with yours, see the avatar thread in this forum

And a few others you may see in logs:

MEFF- started in NE fla- Most Esteemed First Finder

TNLNSL- Took nothing, left nothing, signed log

TFTH/ TFTC- Thanks For The Hunt/Cache.

There is probably an old thread you could search for with all this and more...

Ooooo! Hullo, FireFigher. There seem to be an inordinate number of firefighters and EMT's and so on 'round these forums.

That makes me very, very happy because I just know one of these days I'm going to trip over a chipmunk and shatter my patella while deep in the forest hunting Tupperware, and I want to be able to grab the cellphone and scream, "I'm at N41°48.800 W071°06.477. Bring morphine!"

And I want the voice on the other end to say, "Ma'am, that be degrees, minutes and decimal minutes, right?"

I noticed RASH isn't in there. That's a new one.

RASH was declared to be an acronym on July 16, 2002. I remember the day fondly. Two years ago is "old" in geocaching terms.

The issue about including it in an official or unofficial glossary is that "RASH" has not achieved widespread recognition, the way that "FTF" and "TNLN" have.

Beleive me here in Ca we get plenty of fires and ATVs would not help us at all. ;)

Well talk for yourself, I could use an ATV on some fires. I'll just use it to follow you up the hill! LOL :rolleyes: I kick most kids half my age into the ground, but that doesn't mean I'm not lazy if there's an easier way to do it. :rolleyes:

Beleive me here in Ca we get plenty of fires and ATVs would not help us at all.  :laughing:

Well talk for yourself, I could use an ATV on some fires. I'll just use it to follow you up the hill! LOL :unsure: I kick most kids half my age into the ground, but that doesn't mean I'm not lazy if there's an easier way to do it. B)

We could lay 1 1/2 off the back of it, up the hill B)

That makes me very, very happy because I just know one of these days I'm going to trip over a chipmunk and shatter my patella while deep in the forest hunting Tupperware, and I want to be able to grab the cellphone and scream, "I'm at N41°48.800 W071°06.477. Bring morphine!"

Well, it LOOKS like an orangatange might swing down to help.

As a newbie, what in tarnation is:

1. TPTB

2. Trading SWAG (apparently not scientific wild ...)

3. Avatar

???

Oh yes,...just so you know, all new cachers are required to leave $20 bills for their first 50 caches or so, and they are required to email Polgara once they have done so.

Thank you,

Welcome to geoaching! :laughing: