Temporarily Unavailable

After clearing out the SE corner of town yesterday (minus a couple of DNF's), I did a search of nearby caches. As usual, I filtered finds so I could see what there was to hunt close to home. I was shocked to find 11 of the closest 20 caches were listed as Temporarily Unavailable! 8 of those 11 are disabled due to trail closures (high fire danger). Once went missing last month, one went missing in May, and one more has never been found (and the owner has never gone to look for it).

Do you have anything like this in your area?

I was shocked to find 11 of the closest 20 caches were listed as Temporarily Unavailable! 8 of those 11 are disabled due to trail closures (high fire danger). Once went missing last month, one went missing in May, and one more has never been found (and the owner has never gone to look for it).Do you have anything like this in your area?

I just did an unfiltered search. I found 7 in the first 5 pages.

1) pg-1 had 1 -- 5.9 mi out.

2) pg-2 had 3 -- 7.8 mi.out.

3) pg-3 had 1 -- 9.7 mi.out.

4) pg-4 had 0 -- 13.7 mi.out.

5) pg-5 had 2 --15.1 mi.out.

I guess we are doing pretty good here :P in Western NY.

i have 2 temporarily disabled caches that have been disabled for moths. it has something to do with weather conditions, but if i told you what exactly was the matter i'd have to have you killed.

uh, MONTHS. they've been disabled for months. one won't be so good for moths, either.

Edited by flask

I have hidden 3 caches, 2 have been muggled :( , the other was on the wrong side of TPTB mountain :wacko: . I have just about finished the 2nd leg of the last multiple I have hidden, (the previous 2nd leg disapeared, guess the geocaching stickers and the fact the item was non-working didn't mean anything to the one that needed it more than me) :( Depending on how long this one stays, will determine if I hide anymore, or just do the searching. :D