Gps Went Mia

I lost my little yellow eTrex over the 4th of July weekend. The last cache the team and I did that day we were being ferociously attacked by squadrons of blood thirsty mosquitoes. Needless to say, we were in a hurry to get into the car. I may have put the GPS onto the roof of the Jeep when I was putting junior into his carseat. This is truly a sad day indeed.

So, who wants to donate to the 'NEW' little yellow eTrex foundation fund? :laughing:

I lost my little yellow eTrex over the 4th of July weekend.  The last cache the team and I did that day we were being ferociously attacked by squadrons of blood thirsty mosquitoes.  Needless to say, we were in a hurry to get into the car.  I may have put the GPS onto the roof of the Jeep when I was putting junior into his carseat.  This is truly a sad day indeed.

So, who wants to donate to the 'NEW' little yellow eTrex foundation fund?  :blink:

Your GPS went MIA ? Looks like your SOL. Hehehe, sorry sometimes (okay a lot of times) I can be a real a-hole. I'd donate to your fund but you probably have more money than I do ... :laughing:

A couple of my close friends got started on geocaching after they found a nice new eTrex Vista lying on the beach. Consider how much joy you might be spreading to other people! :blink:

I would be sure to post a note on the cache page if you haven't already done so.

One nice feature on some GPSr's is the ability to enter your name and address so they will show up when you turn the unit on. Doesn't help you much now, though.

That's a real bummer. :laughing:

I recall seeing a post where someone lost a GPS or Phone and posted such in the local forums for the area where they thought they lost it and it was found and sent back to them. You might try this as well as post a note on the cache page.

Can't hurt to try if you have not already.

A couple of my close friends got started on geocaching after they found a nice new eTrex Vista lying on the beach. Consider how much joy you might be spreading to other people! 

LOL :P

I can think of other, cheaper, ways to introduce folks to the game! Whoever found it, I hope that they are enjoying it as much as I did. That little yellow Garmin eTrex has served me well.

Thanks all for the great ideas and comments. I think I will post a 'Lost it' note on the cache page and hope that someone sees it. I don't think there is much chance of getting it back though. The area was full of Fourth of July holiday campers. Oh well...such is life.

*UPDATE*

Would you believe that a fellow geocacher has found my eTrex and is mailing it back to me!? To those of you who suggested that I post a 'Lost It' note on the cache page, thank you very much for the great idea. The cacher who found my gps was waiting for just that kind of a note to verify who lost it. I was just going to write it off to stupidity and eventually go and buy another one. But you all have saved me the heart ache of it all. Thanks again.

:(

*UPDATE*

Would you believe that a fellow geocacher has found my eTrex and is mailing it back to me!? To those of you who suggested that I post a 'Lost It' note on the cache page, thank you very much for the great idea. The cacher who found my gps was waiting for just that kind of a note to verify who lost it. I was just going to write it off to stupidity and eventually go and buy another one. But you all have saved me the heart ache of it all. Thanks again.

:D

Never underestimate your fellow geocachers. :D

BTW, DeskJockey had a slightly different "get out of here in a hurry" cache experience, and did leave his GPS on the roof of the car......didn't get that one back, I don't think.....