New Travel Bug Maps - What Is The Use?

John NW

Hmmm... :bad:

So many people complained that the old maps have no detail that they instituted a new map with more detail. Either you have a map that shows detail close up, or you have a map with no detail from far away.

I'll vote in the other camp for the more detailed maps as is.

A combination of both would be nice in a perfect world.

If the new maps went away you would probably have more people screaming for them than against them.

I kind of use both depending on how far the TB has moved.

you could always make it such that it defaulted to one or the other (ideally preferrable), but when someone zoomed across some boundry they switched to the alternate mode.

The older ones are certainly nicer to get a feel for where a TB has gone. But the new ones detail is nice too... However, I rarely actually need the detail. I don't need to know exactly which road the TB was next too when it was picked up 2 months ago. I'm generally only interested in the details of the current cache, which I already have available.

Eventually I'll have the old map setup on the new maps. In the meantime is it that hard to clicky clicky?

Glad to hear it's all being worked on. Thanks!

Will continue to clicky clicky for now :ph34r:

Keep up the great work!

Thorin

In the mean time how about moving the "old Map" link up to the main TB page so that we don't have to go to the new map first. Seems like a possible short term compromise.

PS. The new maps are particularly useless here in Canada where they contain no content what so ever...

PS. The new maps are particularly useless here in Canada where they contain no content what so ever...

The new map are also useless in Europe - with no details. They seems to only work in U.S...

I always have to do click-eti-click for the old TB maps ;)

Edited by Aina

I'm not saying anything bad about anyone (so don't flame me!) but there were people complaining about the lack of detail on the travel bug map? Where was I?

BTW, I like the old maps too. Keep up the good work Jeremy and Admins!