Mapsource Software Update

Garmin just posted version 6.3 of the MapSource product. Here is a summary of changes...

Changed software version number from 6.1 to 6.3.

Fixed issue with searching in multi-product families where a map from the wrong product could be shown behind the search result.

Fixed some alignment issues in the Japanese and Korean resource localizations.

Fixed issue where a route name with Asian characters could be corrupted when displayed in the route dialog.

Fixed issue where products with non-English characters could crash during a search.

Fixed issue where new Marine maps could crash because of new light colors.

Updated some route calculation parameters for more optimal routing solutions.

Fixed issue with searching in multi-product families where features from a non-current product might be ignored.

I haven't been a Garmin (or Mapsource) owner for long, so please excuse any stupid question or comments. I have Mapsource ver 5.4. If I upgrade to ver 6.3, will my CitySelect installation be changed in any way?

Thanks.

No, you should be fine. The application (MapSource) is seperate from the data (City Select, etc).

When the first item in the changelog is "Changed version #" :bad: Doesn't seem like there's much to make it worth rushing out and downloading for the English speakers among us!

Agreed, however a year or so ago someone made the comment in a topic posting that revision upgrades sometimes contain un-announced fixes. I have no idea if that is true or not but I always think of that statement when I see one like this which appears on the surface to not apply to me. I will usually download it anyway just in case unless it's a beta release and then I will wait for official version.

Cheers, Olar