Multi-cache Waypoint Names

marshmn

Hi,

Is there any convention for naming the individual stages of a multi-cache?

I'd like to provide a .loc file containing all the waypoints of the multi-cache, but obviously

I need to name them in some way and don't want to use waypoint names already in use.

I'm guessing that I'll just have to make up some names, but I thought I'd just ask in case

there is some convention for this...

Thanks,

Matt

Stages, steps. One local geocacher calls them roadblocks and lists them as RB1, RB2, RB3, etc...

Personally I use an abbreviation of the cache name. The stages of my Butler Reservoir cache are BR1 & BR2 and my Wild Acres cache are listed as WA1 & WA2.

Edited by briansnat

We did a (true :( ) multi-cache with a regular cache at each stage. We called each stage a "chevron" following the theme of the cache. So as you did our cache you went from chevron 1 (named "Dial out SG-1") to chevron 2 (named "Obelisk") on through chevron 8.

By using a regular cache at each stage we can change it from a multi to 8 individual caches at a later date if we so choose. Due to the size and distance involved we didn't expect very many people to go after it. We figured maybe 1 or 2 a year at most, but so far 5 have done it.

John

should have previewed this post first, then i wouldn't have had to go back and correct my speeling.

Edited by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)