Yjtb Etiquette

RocketMan

I have my hands on Jeep 4x4 #0103. I would like to take it with me on a trip I am taking to Utah in a couple of weeks. I will take some scenic photos with the Jeep and then drop it into a cache somewhere along our route.

With a standard travel bug, I wouldn't hesitate to hold it for a few weeks before placing it. I don't get excited about my T-Bugs if someone holds them for a month. So, is it bad form for me to hold the Jeep for a few weeks so I can take it on our trip? I know that there are a lot of people waiting to get their hands on one.

RM

I have my hands on Jeep 4x4 #0103. I would like to take it with me on a trip I am taking to Utah in a couple of weeks. I will take some scenic photos with the Jeep and then drop it into a cache somewhere along our route.

With a standard travel bug, I wouldn't hesitate to hold it for a few weeks before placing it. I don't get excited about my T-Bugs if someone holds them for a month. So, is it bad form for me to hold the Jeep for a few weeks so I can take it on our trip? I know that there are a lot of people waiting to get their hands on one.

RM

I think it is totally appropriate to keep any TB for several weeks IF you are going to drop him in an out of the way/ awsome cache. BTW, I just got back from Moab and there ae MANY, MANY great caches in that area.. :lol:

I have my hands on Jeep 4x4 #0103.  I would like to take it with me on a trip I am taking to Utah in a couple of weeks.  I will take some scenic photos with the Jeep and then drop it into a cache somewhere along our route.

With a standard travel bug, I wouldn't hesitate to hold it for a few weeks before placing it.  I don't get excited about my T-Bugs if someone holds them for a month.  So, is it bad form for me to hold the Jeep for a few weeks so I can take it on our trip?  I know that there are a lot of people waiting to get their hands on one.

RM

I think it is totally appropriate to keep any TB for several weeks IF you are going to drop him in an out of the way/ awsome cache. BTW, I just got back from Moab and there ae MANY, MANY great caches in that area.. :huh:

Any favorites in Moab?

If you are hitting the Jeep trails in Moab, definately do BELLY SCRATCHER on the Poison Spider Mesa Trail. I have MiamiTJ's Black Jeep KJ Travel Bug that I have been moving around for about a month now and I plan on keeping it possibly up till Moab Easter Jeep safari next year. I emailed the owner and asked His permission to do so. He just wanted to see the TB moving about and pics being posted. I also just grabbed a YJTB and I plan to hold onto it for a while until I can drop it off in a cool off road location, may have it for a month or so, but will log it into and out of caches along the way and post pics of it's travels. I don't think it is that big of a deal to hold onto them as long as you update it's travels and keep it active. :)

I'm going to find a Jeep TB and I'm going to KEEP it! I'm a huge Jeep fan and this is just waaay too cool to pass up. I'm going to epoxy it to the dash of my Cherokee. <_<

Good for you...just please make sure to log it into some interesting caches and post some interesting logs. Who knows, you might end up winning some of those prizes.

JayBee