Birthday Cache?!?

avroair

Why would it be Difficulty 5? Would be tough to verify ("Finder must download a copy of his/her birth certificate with log"). Instead, use their geocaching anniversary date. Easily verifiable ("Member since:" in the finder's profile). Or you can create a "Milestone" cache - finder may only log the cache if it's a significant milestone: 100, 200, 300, etc. Just an idea.

Why would it be Difficulty 5? Would be tough to verify

If you can only log it one day out of the year wouldn't you call that a difficultly 5!!!! :D

It would be difficult to verify, would go on the honor system, since all cachers are honest, maybe upload driving license (with photo and address etc. edited out!) :)

Milestone cache - great idea!!! :D

I was already planning a Geocaching Anniversary cache, August 26th on my 1 year anniversary. ;)B)

Instead, use their geocaching anniversary date. Easily verifiable ("Member since:" in the finder's profile). Or you can create a "Milestone" cache - finder may only log the cache if it's a significant milestone: 100, 200, 300, etc.

I like that idea better. I'm more likely to go for a special cache on my anniversary than on my birthday (when I would probably have my family with me and go for a family-friendly cache).

I think it's a fun idea. I wonder if BP and SF could hold off logging it until their actual birthdays? ;)

The link above to a similar cache seems to have been a success and I don't see why this wouldn't also be.

As for anniversary's here on the site, it might be harder, since it's less likely someone would remember (at least for me). Maybe milestones as another idea would be good, though I think the birthday concept seems the most logical.

As for anniversary's here on the site, it might be harder, since it's less likely someone would remember (at least for me). Maybe milestones as another idea would be good, though I think the birthday concept seems the most logical.

Thats easy:

Your anniversary of joining the site is 1/29 (1/29/03)

Your anniversary of your first cache find is 3/12 (3/12/03) Number 17

All your caching info is online

Dave (dhenning25)

Thats easy:

Your anniversary of joining the site is 1/29 (1/29/03)

Your anniversary of your first cache find is 3/12 (3/12/03) Number 17

All your caching info is online

Dave (dhenning25)

I know it's online and accessible, but it's not something you constantly are aware of. So come 2+ weeks from now, I'll be saying "dadgum, I'm turning 41!" ;) and I'd possibly remember (if I'm not having a senior moment) about the cache.

I don't know if I'll remember come the week around 1/29/05 that the anniversary of when I registered with the site is coming up and I should go for this cache.

And to add to your dates, my anniversary of being a paid member is July 28th, and I hope I don't forget to renew!