Unrecieved Goods

Has any one had trouble lately, recieving goods ordered from geocaching UK?

We ordered some items 4 weeks ago and have still not recieved them yet, is this normal?

I only find this strange because I work for a freight forwarding company and I know we can ship items to the US within days, so surley a UK shipment shouldn't take this long!

Numerous e-mails have not enlightened this matter so any information would be gratefully recieved.

Posted By TheCat - 24 May 2004 - 04:11 - 5 comments - Edit 

Having run the on-line store at a loss for the last year the time has come to call it quits. I have decided that as from today the store will close.

The main reasons for this are as follows.

1, It was setup to try and help fund the site. All it did was cost me cash.

2, The cost of importing into the UK was to expensive.

3, I tried to increase prices to cover those costs and people went else where.

4, The UK Post office lost to many packages causing me more problems.

The closure of the store will not impact the operation of Geocacheuk.com we will still be here as before offering the services we do for FREE as always.

For those that have purchased from us in the past thank you.

All out standing orders will be dispatched in the next few days, when I have recieved my shipment from Geocaching.com.

This was posted on the Geocacheuk.com website on 24th May.

Thats not good news especially as we ordered dog tags so we could replace my sisters TB that went missing after only 1 trip. It was intended as a bithday present for her which has since been and gone. We also ordered a few other items and only did so through the UK to support the site which is very good.

My only thoughts are, if they had trouble with missing packages they should choose a different freight company. As freight forwarders we tend to use company's that can deliver.l We have a global freight company next door to us at work that can still lose a package from us to them!

We buy all our TB tags from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

We've always had excellent service and Joan's just ordered her PDA from them.

I also use this web site to order my TBs and can confirm that they provide an excellent service. :P

I wouldn't bother paying the extra for the next day (courier) delivery though as they dispatched my TBs by first class post and I got them next day anyway! But then... they are only up the road from me in Teesside! :rolleyes:

I was sorry to see that Mark has given up the shop but let's be a bit more generous with our criticism of him since he was not doing this for profit. We owe GCUK a considerable debt for their site as a free service and its a little sad that the shop has not worked out and brickbats are flying.

Edited by John Stead

Ah, that explains things.

I tried to place an order yesterday but couldn’t. The web shop is there displaying all the various items and prices but you can’t actually select anything to put it in the shopping basket.

I’m sorry it didn’t work out, It’s a really good (FREE) site and its nice to be able to give some support for all the hard work.

Thanks to Pharisees link,we can now see why we have not had any reply from Mark. As for the previous reference , the 'brickbats' were not ' flying'. We just wanted some sort of confirmation or information as it had been over a month since our order was made and our money taken. If we had received some feedback from our order or E-mails then notes like this would never have been posted. I am sure if you were in the same situation you would react with the same concern and would want to know what the status of your order is.

We are both sorry to hear that the shop has had to close and that Mark has had a torrid time running it , with very little thanks ( if any). We all know of the great work that everyone does at Geocacheuk and can only express our greatest thanks.

However, now we know what is going on, we will now be patient and hopefully Mark will contact us with more information.

Thanks to everyone who has given us some help with this matter.

No offence taken John!

We wasn't out to to put down the site or anyone connected to it, after all we use it all the time. We had a genuine query on our order and now thanks to all who have posted we now know where were at! We would have known this but for some reason we cant get on to the UK forums.

We truly feel sorry that the shop has had to close and even if they put their prices up would still use them to help with their funding.

We hope Marc doesn't think this was us giving him bad press because it wasn't intended that way. We can only imagine his dedication to the site and we had no idea until posting our first note about his situation......

Thank goodness for the forums!

Thanks all,

The Ollies

we ordered dog tags so we could replace my sisters TB that went missing after only 1 trip. It was intended as a bithday present for her

: At least I know what part of my present was now :) ! Look forward to getting it, cheers Oliies :P:D<_<:D

OY !!!!What are doing reading the forums.

You have spoilt your surprise now!

Edited by The Ollies