Found Gpsr - Chicago Area

In Elgin Illinios a few days ago I found a GPSr which was apparently lost by someone who was shopping for some things in between Caching trips.

If there is anyone in the area who has lost a GPSr please let me know.

I'll go look in the file cabinet where it is stored and if you are the rightful owner I'll tell you everything else you need to know to claim your lost article.

If you know of a better place to post this announcement where it might be recieved by the right person, please let me know, or just put the info there with my email address.

I put it right here because I thought maybe the person who lost this one would be looking for a replacement

- Kayakman9760

email mike9760@comcast.net

You might consider turning it into the police department having jurisdiction over the area you found it. A couple of reasons: In many states it is required by law. With GPSr's and the registration process, the owner may have contacted the manufacturer to get the serial number and then reported it to law enforcement as lost with a serial number. The property can then be entered into NCIC as lost property by serial number. It can then be automatically matched by serial number when you turn it in as found. Many people do call the police when the lose something to see if it has been turned in. You might also contact the gps manufacturer to see if they can notify the owner that you found it and turned it into police.