Florida Caches

RadRacer

I have noticed that we have a bunch of caches in Fl, but I think we need more in the Sebastian area. Since gas is so high, I can't be going 15-20 miles just to go geocaching. I am thinking about starting a cuople, but I have no ideas. Can you give me some ideas as to where to hide a cache, or tell me if you have hidden a new cache in the Sebastian area since I posted this?

I second the good Doctor in saying "Welcome" and "Come join us at floridacaching.com". It's a great place to get to know cachers in your area and around the state. It's also a great place to learn about camo, containers and learn about the guidelines of the different land managers around the state in respect to hiding on the public lands they control.

Thanx for the fast replies. I have signed up at floridacaching.com. I think it would be kewl if we were to have meetings. We could brag about the caches we have found, the ones we have hidden, and go over different ideas for caches. That, I think, would be pretty cool.

Edited by RadRacer
I think it would be kewl if we were to have meetings.  We could brag about the caches we have found, the ones we have hidden, and go over different ideas for caches.  That, I think, would be pretty cool.

WE DO AND IT IS KEWL! <_< We don't necessarily get together as a statewide group, but the different areas of the state have get togethers from time to time. Here in NE FLA where I'm at we have NEFGA (North East Florida Geocachers Association) and we get together formally as a group at least ever other month for events. (BTW - nefga.com is another good web site to checkout. There's no dues and you don't have live in NE FLA to be a member, we have members all over the state)

I think it would be kewl if we were to have meetings.  We could brag about the caches we have found, the ones we have hidden, and go over different ideas for caches.  That, I think, would be pretty cool.

WE DO AND IT IS KEWL! <_< We don't necessarily get together as a statewide group, but the different areas of the state have get togethers from time to time. Here in NE FLA where I'm at we have NEFGA (North East Florida Geocachers Association) and we get together formally as a group at least ever other month for events. (BTW - nefga.com is another good web site to checkout. There's no dues and you don't have live in NE FLA to be a member, we have members all over the state)

NEFGA...a great cult, um, clan, um no group of people, yea yea thats what I meant to say... NEFGA a realy great group of people. Just bring some latex gloves...

Ob

Welcome to the fun RadRacer.

My best advice for you would be to host an event. It doesn't have to be extravagant - just a simple Meet and Greet. Pick a local restaurant, post the info on Geocaching and watch them come.

You could also go through the caches that are in your area and email the people who hid them and the people who found them and invite them to your event. Get people together, maybe go out and find a cache or two, plant the bug in their ears that you want more caches to hunt for.

Also - place a few caches of your own! Others in your area might feel just like you - there is nothing to hunt for. Give them something! Encourage them to do the same.

Good luck - see you at FloridaCaching.com

Welcome to the fun RadRacer.

My best advice for you would be to host an event. It doesn't have to be extravagant - just a simple Meet and Greet. Pick a local restaurant, post the info on Geocaching and watch them come.

You could also go through the caches that are in your area and email the people who hid them and the people who found them and invite them to your event. Get people together, maybe go out and find a cache or two, plant the bug in their ears that you want more caches to hunt for.

Also - place a few caches of your own! Others in your area might feel just like you - there is nothing to hunt for. Give them something! Encourage them to do the same.

Good luck - see you at FloridaCaching.com

I just might try to do that. I'm only 15, so I would probably need some help. I'm not really great on the whole reserving a place for people thing. I usually don't host any kind of party, I just go to others'. Thanx for the advice though. I have registered with floridacaching.com, but it won't let me sign-in. When I try to, it just loops back to the main page, and I'm still not signed in. Does anyone else have this problem?

Edited by RadRacer
Now don't go scaring off the Newbies OB!!! :D

Don't you got a plane to go fix or something!? :D

Sorry Doc, forgot to take my meds :( , trust your event went well! Sorry to have missed it, had the camera and gloves all ready for "Out of Order" perhaps next time.

Ob

Are you still having problems? Please let me know. One of the issues early on was that the site would send out a confirmation e-mail during registration. This confirmation mail needed to be responded to within a short period of time, or you wouldn't be confirmed.

Let me know if you're still having problems

TheNomad