Looking For All The Caches In Your State.

Living in a state like Texas, there are MANY for us to find. When we started, there were probably less than 200 within 100 miles of us (near Austin), but I just checked, and there are now 998 in that same area! We have been geocaching since January 6, 2002 ..... what an increase! We have some prolific hiders in Austin and in San Antonio.. what a great bunch of cachers. I am sure some of the other metro areas (Ft. Worth/Dallas areas) that have more, but I haven't checked. Move to Texas, there will be PLENTY for you to find! You just have to travel a ways to find them all. Our count is now 237, but we don't get out and cache like we first did.. there are so many activities keeping us busy on weekends anymore, and we prefer caching as a family, rather than just one person going out to get the find for the family. It has always been a family activity, and one we look forward to doing.

Edit... just found out there are 4,829 caches in the state of Texas as of May 9, 2004. Just wonder how many there have been that have been archived? Wow...... all that work by interested geocachers!

Edited by Moore9KSUcats

LOL. It would definitely depend on what state you're in. I have 2554 within 50 miles of me. So far I've found a whopping 17. I will be busy for quite some time. I don't intend to hunt them all, of course. I've already decided to stay away from parking lot stop-and-grabs. And there are bunches that require more hiking skills than I possess.

I know one cacher, Darkmoon, who's found all the caches in Oklahoma (as of last month, anyway) and i'd like to be able to say the same thing about Colorado, but there's almost 1000 here (I think) and some of them are on sheer rock faces. So, unless I take up rock climbing, there will always be a few in this state that I'll never get. :lol:

I found all but a few virtuals in Jefferson County, and all but two in Island County in Washington.

I found all the caches within a 16 mile radius from home, and all caches that don't require that I put my car on a ferry within a 25 mile radius from home.

And I'm zooming along :lol:

In South Dakota it would definitely help if you lived in the Black Hills. That side of the state is where most of the caches are. You could probably pick most of the ones on the eastern side up in a couple of trips. It's a shame, because there are so many cool hiding spots on the eastern side. Just not a lot of cachers there yet, I guess. I try to do some caching every time I get back there.

--RuffRidr

Rhode Island currently has 148 active caches and 10 that are disabled. I'm sure that there are a number of cachers in the New England area that have logged them all. It would be possible to find them all over the summer, (if you have the time). For the really motivated, you could probably put a good dent in the list over a vacation.

MC

At one time I had found all the caches in Cuyahoga county. People kept hiding more and I was forced to run out every weekend just to reclaim the county. Then, just to irk me, they kept hiding even more. AAARRGGHH!!! Now they're hiding them faster than I can get to them. The inconsiderate jerks.

I think that Blackstone Val is the only one to have all of the RIs - well, right this minute he needs the two new ones in Arcadia! WaldenRun needs 5 or 6.

My new goal is to get all of RI covered (for at least a day!) sometime over the summer. I think I need to pick up 52 or so caches.

Yes, it's nice to live in a small state!