The Passing Of An Active Geocacher

Colorado Papa

I am sorry to hear this...looks like he had a lot of finds, and really enjoyed the sport, any cacher would be proud to have those kinds of numbers...he will be missed... :) ... I looked through his "found" list, and he stopped off at my "Laughlin High Roller" cache only a couple of months ago, on Jan 15 of this year:

" January 15 by billzjeep (965 found)

4:15PM Find it we did.SL Pita cache.

[view this log on a separate page]"

6543588f-7ca6-48c1-b070-dce5f437acfe.jpg

Edited by TEAM 360

I first learned about the sad news when I read the March 7 post from Billzjeep's good friends (jeeperz1&2) in the Aragon cache. I had hoped to meet Billzjeep because we both liked 4-Wheeling and he seemed like a great quy that was truly dedicated to caching. I came close one time when I missed him by only 15 minutes at a cache.

Billzjeep will be missed. To honor him cachers can come to The First Annual Billzjeep CITO Event. Cachers can also visit #25 - Trails End cache by Tahosa.

Every thing I have typed has been cut and then typed again. It all seems so unimportant next to such a loss. I'll just go ahead and spit it out.

It's a big loss.

It seems he always seemed to get to caches right before me.

I think he stoped at every cache I had ever placed.

I will miss Bill and his logs.

I never knew Bill (Billzjeep) but I was the first, and one of only two, to find his Spring Canyon Point/Cache. All I can say is that if this man put into everything he did the same degree of care and attention as he did in this cache, then the world lost a good one. I still vividly remember the experience of hunting this cache late at night, and actually FINDING it, believe it or not, among the sandstone maze of SE Utah. God Bless Billzjeep.