Bass Pro Shop

The Cabellas store nearest me does that also (they all probably do). Since it is close to two hours away from my house in an area I wasn't familiar with, I also found it handy. The store was new and not listed in mapsource, so this made it easy to enter coords into my GPS to navigate there.

They should offer coords for the departments inside the store.

Ain't it the truth!! :lol:

I live about 1.5 miles from Bass Pro Shop here in Springfield. It's not like you can miss it once you get the general direction of where the store is. They've changed everything around that store.....the streets, the street lights, the whole freaking intersection is nothing but Bass Pro Shops. I look for them to change the street names someday...lol

Yep, I have the coords for Cabela's in Kearney, Nebraska on a post-it note on my computer. It has been stuck on there for some time. What is funny is that I don't quite remember WHY I have the coords posted there!

This jogged my memory, and it might not be quite correct. Years ago, before GC.com, I was looking thru a Cabela's catalogue. There was a photo of a GPSr with coordinates displayed. Being curious, I looked them up on a map. They pointed right to that area of Nebraska. Is it possible this is the reason for having that note? :lol:

I don't understand why there isn't a Cabela's in Colorado

The cabelas in Hamburg, Pa is the first one on the east coast. I couldn't understand why they built it there. It isn't near any major city. The first time I visited it, I asked some very helpful employees about this. There response was that cabelas did a lot of research, and wanted to build one somewhere in the north east. They went by the number of catalog orders they received. Apparently Hamburg was the geographic center based on the majority of orders they received. The city also bent over backwards to get them. Cabelas has since done some bending of its own at the behest of the city.

I live about 1.5 miles from Bass Pro Shop here in Springfield. It's not like you can miss it once you get the general direction of where the store is. They've changed everything around that store.....the streets, the street lights, the whole freaking intersection is nothing but Bass Pro Shops. I look for them to change the street names someday...lol

i'm looking for springfield to be renamed bass pro city/ville. between john morris & john q. i'm surprised that a city name changed hasn't happened. :lol:

Yep, I have the coords for Cabela's in Kearney, Nebraska on a post-it note on my computer. It has been stuck on there for some time. What is funny is that I don't quite remember WHY I have the coords posted there!

This jogged my memory, and it might not be quite correct. Years ago, before GC.com, I was looking thru a Cabela's catalogue. There was a photo of a GPSr with coordinates displayed. Being curious, I looked them up on a map. They pointed right to that area of Nebraska. Is it possible this is the reason for having that note? :)

Well, it is true that I haven't cleaned my office in ages, but my note isn't quite that old! :lol: I think I wrote it down one day when I thought I might be near Kearney and then never went. Something boring like that. They are useful coords though. I really should put them in my GPS.

What I find amusing is having coords for the Sidney store. It is pretty hard to get lost looking for a huge building in the middle of nowhere right off the interstate. You can see the place long before you get there. Cabela's Sidney is my normal lunch time rest stop whenever I go to Colorado because I can put the dog in their kennels and then go eat somewhere. :)

Edited by carleenp