My Apologies To The Canadian Cachers

Sparky-Watts

I posted the following in the General Discussion forums, but would also like to localize the post for any Canadian Cachers that may have been offended by my comments in another thread. If you were offended, I deeply apologize for the misunderstanding.

=======================

I just found this thread in which I was accused of a personal attack on the Canadian caching community, and called a hypocrit also.

I would first of all like to apologize to any member of the Canadian forums, and any other members of the Groundspeak forums if my comments were taken in offense. They were meant as a continuation of the good-natured ribbing that GPSaxophone was giving. I personally have nothing against any Canadians, nor the beautiful country of Canada. I have visited there twice, and greatly enjoyed it. My comments were meant to be in jest, and unfortunately must not have appeared that way to at least one community member. If I offended one person, I am sorry.

As has been said so many times in so many internet forums, it is often hard to find actual meaning in the plain written word, without context to back it up, due to the inability to read inflection and emphasis on written word structure, as can be done in personal communication.

If the OP of the thread I am referencing here could point out the other areas where he feels I have done this before, I am sure I can shed some light on those instances, as well. I'll admit, I have expressed an insulting opinion of certain individuals and their ideas, but have always tried to do so while operating within the forum guidelines. I'll also admit, on occasion, I have fallen outside the guidelines while doing so, and have been adequately punished for it by the moderating team.

Once again, I apologize to any member of the Canadian caching community that may have taken offense at my comments, and assure you they were only in jest. As Saxman said, just ask Halden about our constant international joking and jabbing....it's meant to be all in fun.

Edited by Sparky-Watts

Hey Sparky we got a great sense of humor, that why you steal all our comedians. Some people just take themselves too seriously.

Eat all the eggs you want.

small world BTW Sparky I'm up in Canada building ships for EagleMed

Dan

Greetings from Ontario...

I don't post very often to the forums, but I have spent LOTS of time lurking/reading. I have (I feel) a pretty good grasp of Sparky's sense of humour, and enjoy his contributions. I was not at all offended by his original post.

Maisoui

:0)

Wow! I didn't think grasping sparky was possible! :D

Hey Sparky we got a great sense of humor, that why you steal all our comedians. Some people just take themselves too seriously.

Eat all the eggs you want.

small world BTW Sparky I'm up in Canada building ships for EagleMed

Dan

Cool....we just lost an EagleMed plane last month, and two of my close friends died in the crash. :D

Oh, yeah, I love the Canadian comedians!! Kids in the Hall was (and still is) one of my all-time favorites!!! Weren't you also responsible for SCTV (Second City TV)? I loved that one, too!

There are too many good Canadian comedians to mention here.....I can't think of his name right now, but the guy on "What's My Line" (American TV version). He kills me!!!!

Greetings from Ontario...

I don't post very often to the forums, but I have spent LOTS of time lurking/reading.  I have (I feel) a pretty good grasp of Sparky's sense of humour, and enjoy his contributions.  I was not at all offended by his original post.

Maisoui

Wow! I didn't think grasping sparky was possible! :D

:D Hey now, easy with the fat jokes!

Or maybe I'm sensitive...

Can't.... resist.....

Now I am in trouble with Avrohead for "grasping sparky."

Oooo I feel so rebellious, I bet I've just earned my first warning...

Back on topic, I think that it's very easy to misunderstand the spirit in which a text message was written, and I tend to err on the side of charity if a post rubs me the wrong way. This one never even hit my radar as I continued on down the page.

Maisoui

P.S. Comedian: Colin Mochrie? Shortish, balding, they always make him play the woman's part? I LOVE the blue screen movies they do with him....

Ok, he's not that short, he just looks it next to Ryan Stiles...

Edited by MaisOui & Avrohead

:) Hey I don't think the fine folks in Canada should let Sparky off the hook so easily.

:D Oh sure he's all sweet right now, but get him alone and he is always dissing the Canadians. His motto is from "South Park" the movie, "Blame Canada".

:) If he had his way, Canada would be part of the U.S. and be called North Kansas.

:D And as for geocaching, Sparky said he "didn't think the Canooks even knew how to turn on a GPS, much less cache with it."

:D When ever he watches the Space Shuttle on the NASA channel, he has a piece of black tape to put on the tv screen over the spot of the shuttle robotic arm that says, "Made In Canada".

:D His favorite actor was William Shatner until, well, you know...

And he used to get his evening news from Peter Jennings. Then it was the same rant allll over again. "I NEED TO HEAR THE NEWS FROM AN AMERICAN!! NOT SOME MAPLE TREE TAPPING, MOLSON DRINKING, CANADIAN FOOTBALL WATCHING...!" you get the drift.

:D But then just try to point out the fact that there is a place called "Canadian, Texas" , and LOOK OUT!!!! Of course it isn't far from Kansas.

:D I am just trying to clear the air a little and Help our good friend Sparky-Watts out a bit. Get everything up and on the table then we all know where we stand. ;)

I, myself think that the Canadians are great neighbors. I mean where else would we get "Canadian Bacon" and "Canadian Whiskey" if it wasn't from you guys.

As far as maple syrup, well, we always have Vermont. pssst Don't tell Sparks, he thinks Vermont is a Province.

:D HEY SPARKY! DID I HELP YOU OUT?? :D

See you Northern Folks this summer!

COMING SOON!! SPARKY TO FLAME MEXICO. (aye carrumba)

Edited by zoltig

:D HEY SPARKY! DID I HELP YOU OUT?? :D

See you Northern Folks this summer!

COMING SOON!! SPARKY TO FLAME MEXICO.  (aye carrumba)

Nah, Mexico can do that by itsself......

.....nice try, zoltard, but I don't think that helped my case any! :D

Edited by Sparky-Watts
We should put a tariff on all u.s. posts.. :D

Well, I don't think I can afford that, and since this thread has served it's purpose, I'll close it now. Thank you for your support, and keep those American slams coming, we're pretty thick skinned down here! :D:D

Goodnight, J5, wherever you are! :D:D;):):D:D:):D:D